Windows 10: Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana

Discus and support Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to remove a reminder which has created an event in my calendar, whilst still keeping the original reminder? To rephrase, I want... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KatherineArmitage, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana

Hi,

Is there a way to remove a reminder which has created an event in my calendar, whilst still keeping the original reminder?

To rephrase, I want to be reminded by Cortana, but I do not want the reminder to appear as an event on my calendar as it takes up a lot of space, it is a daily reminder

:)

KatherineArmitage, Jan 6, 2020

2. Remove a reminder from calendar

Hi Christine,

Regarding your query on how to remove reminders in your calendar, we suggest to check this article:

Set or remove reminders
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

To isolate the issue, you may check this thread and look for MVP Diane Poemsky answer:

Unabe to dismiss or delete an Outlook calendar reminder.
    It contains troubleshooting steps to clear the reminders.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Remove a reminder from calendar

Hi Christine,

Reminders would let you know when a meeting or appointment is coming up. If you want to remove your reminder, please check if the steps below are applicable on your end:

1. Delete it by right-clicking on the reminder and choosing Delete.

2. Double-click the reminder you want to delete. You will see an option on the upper left part of the window to select
    Discard.

3. Access your calendar > Click on the gear icon on the upper right hand corner of the web page > Click on Calendar >
    Select Notifications > Choose Reminders.
    Untick the box beside the Show reminder alerts. Click on
    Save.

Once done, please check if you will encounter the same issue.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana

Cortana reminders

Hi,

There are two ways to remove Cortana Reminders on your computer.

Kindly follow the steps o how to delete Reminders.

• Launch Cortana from the list of applications.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Select Reminders.
    • To delete reminders, click the check the box that says Complete and move to History or click the
      Trash bin icon to delete

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana

1. Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana - Similar Threads - Remove reminder Calendar

2. "Reminders" from Google Calendar to Windows Calendar are NOT syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Reminders" from Google Calendar to Windows Calendar are NOT syncing: I have successfully sync Events from my Google Calendar to the built in Windows Calendar The "Reminders" in my Google Calendar are NOT syncing with the Windows Calendar OS : Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 2004 How do I resolve this?...
  3. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  4. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  5. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  6. Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar

Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar: In the left panel of Windows 10 Calendar, there is a Cortana drop down and a box to check for reminders. I have the box checked, yet when I ask Cortana to "remind me to..." it puts the reminder in Microsoft Tasks and not in Calendar. Previously, it would put the reminder in...
  7. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  8. Cortana reminders in calendar on phone, but not PC?

Cortana reminders in calendar on phone, but not PC?: I have a PC and a Phone both with the latest build of Windows 10 (Stable, not insider) and all of the apps are up to date (updated yesterday to most up to date versions). If I set up a time\date based reminder using Cortana on my phone it appears as an entry in my calendar...
  9. Purging completed reminders from Cortana

Purging completed reminders from Cortana: When I go to Cortana->notebook->reminders it shows me all reminders, including completed reminders. Is there some way to get Cortana to remove all reminders that have been completed? 80881
  10. Cortana - How do I remove birthday reminders?

Cortana - How do I remove birthday reminders?: Using Cortana and it shows birthday reminders. Can these be turned off? 9410