Windows 10: Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings.

Discus and support Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I remove these from Settings. They are annoying sitting there.Rewards are not worth the effort. Edge has all the same issues as Chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BRANDON_816, May 17, 2021.

1. Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings.

How can I remove these from Settings. They are annoying sitting there.Rewards are not worth the effort. Edge has all the same issues as Chrome.

:)

BRANDON_816, May 17, 2021

2. Cannot set default web browser

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuain, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that you want to make the Chrome browser as your default browser. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1:

Go to Search box next to Windows icon and type Default app Settings

Step 2:

Click to open Default app Settings

Step 3:

Under choose, default apps scroll down to see the Web browser

Step 4:

Click on the Browser shown to get the default browsers list to select from

Step 5:

Select Google Chrome

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 17, 2021
  3. I can't set my default web browser

Hi Jorin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

It is unusual that you are unable to set a default web browser.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to choose a default web browser again and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type default programs in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "set your default programs".

5. From the list of programs, locate Google chrome or Microsoft edge, click on it and click "set this program as my default".

6. Save the changes and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 17, 2021
  4. Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings.

Bruce Hagen ~ MVP, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings.

1. Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings. - Similar Threads - Remove Rewards Web

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. Opening Settings Launches Web Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Settings Launches Web Browser: When I open Windows Settings clicking the gear icon in the Start Menu, the Settings app opens as expected, but sometimes a web browser window also opens. Using Task Manager, I have determined that even if the browser window does not appear, a number of browser processes start...
  5. How to remove the "web browser restore recommended" nag in settings

How to remove the "web browser restore recommended" nag in settings: so i change settings often and every time i open the app this nag comes to greet me. is there any registry tweak to get rid of the nagware? i get why they want to push bing onto their users but why edge too? its based off chromium so i dont get it....
  6. How to remove "Rewards Sign In" & "Web Browsing-Restore Recommended" from Settings header

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove "Rewards Sign In" & "Web Browsing-Restore Recommended" from Settings header: [ATTACH] For my peace of mind, I need this to go away. I will never use Edge or freaking Bing. Does anyone know how or if these new Settings app headers can be removed? I'm totally happy to edit the registry or change a group policy to accomplish it. I'm extremely not down...
  7. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  8. Cannot set default web browser

Cannot set default web browser: How can I set Google Chrome as my default web browser. The last win update erased it as my default, and it no longer appears in the options window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-default-web-browser/2736ac7a-5d26-49b1-be8f-b4ba10310509
  9. Setting Default App for Web Browser

Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  10. Web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...