Windows 10: Remove right click menu entry

Discus and support Remove right click menu entry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GMDBaloch, Mar 28, 2021.

1. GMDBaloch Win User

Remove right click menu entry

Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on the desktop. Below is a screenshot of it.

Remove right click menu entry 1991b356-9344-4872-aaf1-02fc6497e100?upload=true.png

Now, I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it, I found an article on the web saying that I should remove a registry entry but I did;t found its registry entry either. So, I uninstalled that software with the IOBIT uninstaller so that all the registry keys installed along the software may get installed, the program was uninstalled successfully but still I am seeing this entry in the menu.

Kindly help me about how to do it?

:)

GMDBaloch, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Arrep Win User

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Hi there,

I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are still there.

I tried:

1. Going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to remove them there, but they aren't listed there either.
    2. Clicking on the entries in the Start Menu. Nothing happens.
    3. Right clicking and selecting "Uninstall", nothing happens.
    4. Right clicking, going to "More" and selecting "Run as administrator". Nothing happens.
    5. Right clicking, going to "More" and selecting "App Settings". Opens and list of apps, and of course, it doesn't list these entries, as they've been uninstalled.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Arrep, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. dalchina Win User

How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?

First check Winamp's own options. You may be able to remove it there:
    Winamp Preferences: General Preferences – Shoutcast
    If not, context menu entries added by 3rd party programs can usually be disabled quite readily using e.g. Shellexview (free).

Just Google that, download it, run it, tick the check box for that entry.

dalchina, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove right click menu entry - Similar Threads - Remove right click

2. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  3. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  4. remove right click truncate menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove right click truncate menu: How do I remove the "show more option" feature of Windows 11?It is the most annoying feature to date. I constantly have to expand it because none of the options I want is in the default menu. Every time I have to do it I get a little more annoyed at it. It worsensmy...
  5. REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU: Hi , Even I had deleted x64dbg till then its icon is [ATTACH]coming in context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-right-click-context-menu/7ff3a9f5-bef2-400e-8be0-15f0e92573f1
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  8. Onedrive right click menu entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive right click menu entries: How do I remove them? Recently it added one for 'move to Onedrive' which uses the same shortcut key as 'rename'. This is annoying and I want it gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-right-click-menu-entries/c27c6a68-fc26-4f2e-a8fb-230c62ff3b96"
  9. How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu

How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu: Hi, this is my first post and I hope this is the right forum section. I'm trying to make Windows 10 more "personal", adding/removing some features according to my needs. Now I'm customising the right click context menu and I'd like to remove OneDrive entries, without...
  10. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...