Windows 10: Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

Discus and support Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have performed the following and have rebooted Windows. Press and hold or right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlateQuest, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I have performed the following and have rebooted Windows.

• Press and hold or right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings .
    • Under Notification Area , choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media and turn it off.
    • In fact, I have also turned off "Always show all icons in the notification area."

Yet, the icon is still there.

I do have items plugged into usb ports.

:)

AlateQuest, Jun 30, 2020
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Jun 30, 2020
  3. kayjayw Win User
    Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media' icon missing from the notification tray in windows 10.

My icon is missing from the notification tray. I've gone into settings and the "Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media' icon is switched to the on position, but it isn't in notifications or the taskbar. I also tried switching on the "Always show all icons
    in the notification area" button at the top of the settings page and it still didn't show up int the tray. How can I get it to show back up? I need a SIMPLY, easy fix as I am not a wiz on computers.

Original Title : safely eject icon

kayjayw, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

1. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area - Similar Threads - Remove Safely Remove

2. No safely remove hardware notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    No safely remove hardware notification: No safely remove hardware notification, looked up the replies to this, found the real cause for me was "Focus Assist", turn of and now it works well Win 10 pro...
  3. No Notification to safely remove hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Notification to safely remove hardware: When I insert a flash drive, I hear the notification sound but do not get a display notification in the notification area. When I use the icon to eject a flash drive I get no Safe to Remove notification. I get no notification. If I attempt to use the icon to eject a second...
  4. Remove CCleaner icon from system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove CCleaner icon from system tray: If I turn off showing CCleaner icon in Settings, the next time I run CCleaner it turns it back on - is there any resolution to keep it off? 170903
  5. Safely Remove Hardware icon

Safely Remove Hardware icon: I have my USB device set for "better performance"; yet I can't get the Safely Remove icon to appear on my taskbar. I can see it only by going to "Show hidden icons." How can I get this icon to appear on the taskbar, or on the Windows list of "Select which icons appear on the...
  6. Safely Remove Hardware icon

Safely Remove Hardware icon: I cannot display Safely Remove icon on my taskbar. It is turned on in Settings/Select which icons appear - but does not appear. It is not showing in Hidden Icons. ??????...
  7. safely remove hardware icon

safely remove hardware icon: where is safely remove hardware icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/safely-remove-hardware-icon/b1cc5b40-80b4-4081-94b1-ca06b4acb523
  8. Safely remove hardware icon

Safely remove hardware icon: Is it possible to permanently get rid of this annoying little icon? So far, i have found this program to get rid of it, but i think its a bit silly to have a program installed just to get rid of the icon. 116907
  9. Move "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray to Hidden Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Move "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray to Hidden Icons: . My "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has moved from Hidden Icons to the system tray - to the right of the "Show hIdden icons" icon. How can I move it back to Hidden Icons? Thanks. 110170
  10. Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed

Safely Remove Hardware notification not displayed: When I use the Safely Remove Hardware to remove, for example a USB flash drive, I do not get the notification that the device can be removed. I used to get this in Win 8.1 and I still get it in Win 7. Is there a way to enable the message? (I know a lot of people don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide safely remove hardware windows 10 notification area