Windows 10: Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?

Discus and support Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a tablet with 32gb internal memory. I bought s 64gb MicroSD card that has my Onedrive folder and system libraries on it. I will use a dab of hot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuturDreamz, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?

I have a tablet with 32gb internal memory. I bought s 64gb MicroSD card that has my Onedrive folder and system libraries on it. I will use a dab of hot glue to semi-permanently lock it in, as I have no intention of ever removing it.

But the SD card still shows up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" Dialogue box. How can I take it out?

Thanks.

:)

FuturDreamz, Oct 25, 2016

2. How to remove phone from ovi suit safely

I thought the same until I pulled my 5800XM from the PC, without following the safely remove hardware procedure, and lost everything on the SD card. So to be on the safe side, I always follow the safely remove hardware procedure, even if it is unnecessary.

Cheers.

Ray

Ray Hipkiss, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Cazzycool Win User
    'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' tray icon does not inform on successful ejection

I have a problem with this too, since upgrading to Windows 10 the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon is still on my taskbar but when I click on it the options given are to "open devices and printers" or "...", the latter doesn't do anything,
    the former opens device manager. So how do I safely eject my SD card now?

Cazzycool, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?

The port, and in turn the card, will always be identified as a removable device, never seen that to be a problem except on my Desktop that has a Card Reader [in place of the floppy drive] and the times I plug in Thumb drives and only in assuring I click on the correct drive I want to remove.

Berton, Oct 25, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    I would not recommend the glue-it-in, what are you going to do if the SD goes bad?

RolandJS, Oct 25, 2016
  6. Um, swap it out? It's hot glue. It doesn't fuse to anything other than really porous stuff like cloth and pops off easily.

FuturDreamz, Oct 25, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    oh, ok! *Smile Press on *Smile

RolandJS, Oct 25, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Some does, some doesn't. The glue sticks are not all alike.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box? - Similar Threads - Remove card Safely

2. Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal: I never had this problem with Windows 7, nor with Windows 10 Pro after I upgraded. However, I recently replaced motherboard, etc in my system, and did a clean Windows 10 Pro installation on a new drive. Activation was successful with no problems. Now, if I plug an SD card...
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal

Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal: I never had this problem with Windows 7, nor with Windows 10 Pro after I upgraded. However, I recently replaced motherboard, etc in my system, and did a clean Windows 10 Pro installation on a new drive. Activation was successful with no problems. Now, if I plug an SD card...
  4. USB Hub shows up as USB Drive (empty). Safely removing SD card removes hub.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Hub shows up as USB Drive (empty). Safely removing SD card removes hub.: Just did a fresh install of Win10. When I plugged my USB hub w/sd card slot in via usb cable, I was surprised to see a ghosted out drive sitting in My Computer. Also, I'm also given a the status icon to "Safely remove Hardware and Eject Media" but when I click it, there are...
  5. SD card removal problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SD card removal problem: Hello, when I insert my SD card directly in the SD card port it works properly, but when I remove my SD card a content appears that my computer is in trouble, then the computer restarts. please guide me how can I fix this problem?...
  6. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...
  7. Removing Hard Drive from device safely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Hard Drive from device safely!: I can't remove my hdd without formatting, It's always showing the device is currently in use. I've tried restarting windows explorer from task management, uninstalling/disabling the drive from device manager, restarting the system, but nothing works. The hdd drive H isn't...
  8. safely remove device

safely remove device: Hi I want to safely remove USB device. The icon is on the task bar but turned off in settings, how do I turn it on ? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-device/995c6a92-c905-4d08-8d14-55e494f1810b
  9. Remove write protect from SD card

Remove write protect from SD card: Can someone tell me how to remove "write protect" from an SD card in WIndows 10. Most of the info on the net is out of date or doesn't work and I don't want to go into the registry unless I really have to. It seems every disk I use in my Olympus ends up write protected....
  10. Is it Safe to Remove Duplicates from Device Manager?

Is it Safe to Remove Duplicates from Device Manager?: In device manager I got several drivers with the same name. Are these duplicates and can I delete them leaving only one of course? Look at the screenshot. Circled in red you'll find the duplicates. 75252