Windows 10: Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

Discus and support Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014.

1. AddRAM Win User

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

Is there a way to remove those two items ?

They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh

:)

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014

2. Disable Windows 10 desktop search

Hi Carlene,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps and check:

Right-click on Taskbar and you'll get options to show or hide Search icon, Search box and Task View buttons on Taskbar:

Just uncheck desired option to remove Search box, Search icon or Task View button from Taskbar in Windows 10.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 4, 2014
  3. How do I remove unwanted icons from tablet mode taskbar?

Hello Jim,

To remove these icons from your taskbar, right-click the taskbar and uncheck
    Show Task View button
    . For Cortana, right-click the taskbar, select
    Cortana > Hidden. Right-click the left arrow and click
    Unpin from taskbar.

Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Oct 4, 2014
  4. davehc Win User

I haven't seen a posted hack to do it. But maybe you should change you taskbar options to "Taskbar Buttons - never combine", then they will not hide each other.

davehc, Oct 4, 2014
  5. bromanbro Win User
    I think there's a way, but MS won't approve. They stick them there so you can test them in upcoming revisions *Smile

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  6. Rickkins Win User
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Thanks for the tip, but I never combine icons. As you can see from my earlier pic, those 2 items are covering my open Chrome page. I will give Rickkins link a peek.

Much nicer, but to bad it doesn`t stick *Sad

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  8. davehc Win User

Ok. Probably the best way to go. fwiw, mine do not hide each other

davehc, Oct 4, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    Did you create a shortcut of the .exe file and put it in your Startup folder?

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    No, will that make it stick ? Or will I just have to click the file on each bootup ?

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    The WinTHButtonHider application works okay, just one small glitch; I have to click on the 2nd taskbar to make the placeholders disappear.

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? 6077d1485948315t-remove-search-task-view-icons-taskbar-1.png

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    It should work, with the possible exception in my previous post.

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  13. Rickkins Win User

No, adding it to startup does not work.

Rickkins, Oct 4, 2014
  14. Hi

I don't have that on my task bar?

My properties are set to Always Combine Hide Labels.

All I see, on mine is the little magnifying glass icon.

When I click on that it opens a search window?

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? [​IMG]

If you are having problems with having enough space for all of your icons check out Rocketdock.
    It works great.

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 4, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    UPDATE: If I turn off the other monitor it works flawlessly. *Tongue

Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
Thema:

1. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? - Similar Threads - Remove Search Task

2. How to remove Search, Task View, Chat or Widgets icons from Windows 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Search, Task View, Chat or Widgets icons from Windows 11 Taskbar: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or remove the Search, Task View, Widgets, and Chat icons from Windows 11 Taskbar, here is how you can do that. It is possible to hide those icons from the Taskbar using Windows Settings and Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11 displays...
  3. Remove icon from a Task View screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove icon from a Task View screen: When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the item still show on the original desktop? Win 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.B804) 174563
  4. remove icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  5. Removal of Task view

Removal of Task view: I started task view by accident. Now I can not get back to regular view. How can it be solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-task-view/dd1ca8d1-bf69-4727-90e5-d2878a7ede77
  6. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  7. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  8. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

Unpin Search & task view from taskbar: Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar? They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered with windows key shortcuts. 2279
  9. Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shows icon plus task view description: I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after clicking and connecting. Then I tried the Show The Task View Button and since then in the task bar I see the icon plus a task...
  10. How to remove the moronic search and task view...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove the moronic search and task view...: ...in one easy step... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1a8bc...FMcZpVRvjvkqa4 As found in the comments section here... How to Hide the Stupid Search Button on the Windows 10 Taskbar I tried it, and it seems to work. As to why ms would do something so moronic without...