Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

Discus and support Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014.

1. AddRAM Win User

Is there a way to remove those two items ?

They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh

:)

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  2. Guru Kiran G Win User

Disable Windows 10 desktop search

Hi Carlene,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps and check:

Right-click on Taskbar and you'll get options to show or hide Search icon, Search box and Task View buttons on Taskbar:

Just uncheck desired option to remove Search box, Search icon or Task View button from Taskbar in Windows 10.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Devlin Sco Win User
    How do I remove unwanted icons from tablet mode taskbar?

Hello Jim,

To remove these icons from your taskbar, right-click the taskbar and uncheck
    Show Task View button
    . For Cortana, right-click the taskbar, select
    Cortana > Hidden. Right-click the left arrow and click
    Unpin from taskbar.

Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Oct 4, 2014
  4. davehc Win User

I haven't seen a posted hack to do it. But maybe you should change you taskbar options to "Taskbar Buttons - never combine", then they will not hide each other.

davehc, Oct 4, 2014
  5. bromanbro Win User
    I think there's a way, but MS won't approve. They stick them there so you can test them in upcoming revisions *Smile

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  6. Rickkins Win User
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Thanks for the tip, but I never combine icons. As you can see from my earlier pic, those 2 items are covering my open Chrome page. I will give Rickkins link a peek.

Much nicer, but to bad it doesn`t stick *Sad

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  8. davehc Win User

Ok. Probably the best way to go. fwiw, mine do not hide each other

davehc, Oct 4, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    Did you create a shortcut of the .exe file and put it in your Startup folder?

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    No, will that make it stick ? Or will I just have to click the file on each bootup ?

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    The WinTHButtonHider application works okay, just one small glitch; I have to click on the 2nd taskbar to make the placeholders disappear.

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? 6077d1485948315t-remove-search-task-view-icons-taskbar-1.png

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    It should work, with the possible exception in my previous post.

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  13. Rickkins Win User

No, adding it to startup does not work.

Rickkins, Oct 4, 2014
  14. MikeHawthorne Win User
    Hi

I don't have that on my task bar?

My properties are set to Always Combine Hide Labels.

All I see, on mine is the little magnifying glass icon.

When I click on that it opens a search window?

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? [​IMG]

If you are having problems with having enough space for all of your icons check out Rocketdock.
    It works great.

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 4, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    UPDATE: If I turn off the other monitor it works flawlessly. *Tongue

Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
Thema:

1. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? - Similar Threads - Remove Search Task

2. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  3. windows update changed desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update changed desktop icons: Update changed the desktop icon sizes and arrangement, how can I return them to previous views? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-update-changed-desktop-icons/777e250b-b3c5-4903-b316-f7efd57f3303
  4. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  5. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  6. retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.: Reviewed information on subject posted and seems easy enough to reinstall app. however, in particular how do I access the data that was saved to any particular app. ie have several years tax files. Worst comes to worst can I reset to a date prior to this episode?...
  7. Cannot remove old account from login screen

Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  8. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  9. date and time on taskbar Windows 10

date and time on taskbar Windows 10: How to do this--W 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/date-and-time-on-taskbar-windows-10/27af3c6e-f73d-4d9e-8961-f9740284c57f
  10. What the heck happened to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What the heck happened to Task Manager?: Why does Task Manager no longer run on top of all other apps in Windows so that you can readily close apps/tasks that are causing issues on our systems - the way it used to???...