Windows 10: Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

Discus and support Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No, adding it to startup does not work. It should if you keep the folder in your system directory, create a shortcut of the Hider.exe, (not the host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

It should if you keep the folder in your system directory, create a shortcut of the Hider.exe, (not the host one), from the bin folder and paste it in the Startup folder.

Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member

Hmmm......, what happens, do you get an error, or it just doesn't execute, or what?

Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  4. AddRAM Win User

This is really grinding my gears *Mad

Mike, I don`t think you understand, I have IE pinned to my taskbar, but you can`t see it because it`s hidden behind the search and task view icons. If I move the Chrome icon to the left, you`ll see the IE icon but then the Chrome icon is hidden behind them.

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Ahh Heck, figured it out. It`s because I replaced the start button using Classic Shell. Uncheck it and it`s perfect, except for the ugly window start button.

Gears ungrinded, well kinda

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Hi

I just figured that it had to do with the taskbar settings because I wasn't seeing anything like that on my install.

Glad to see you got it figured it out.

I have used Classic Shell for years myself, even in Windows 7, but I decided that I wasn't going to do it in the Technical Preview.

I figured that I owed it to them to use is the way it's designed and evaluate it.

My only cop out is the use of Rocketdoc, (I can't live without it) to organize the links to my most used software.

Other wise I don't intend to go back to Windows 8, I'm going to use it the way it is until I move to the real thing, and I'm going to do the customization within the confines of the operating system.

I've already changed it a lot, my desktop and Start Menu look pretty much exactly like the one I had in Windows 7.

So far I'm really happy with it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    Yea, using Classic Shell here as well. Can't use the existing start menu... hope they fix it soon.

Rickkins, Oct 5, 2014
  8. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

Hi

Try Rocketdock, I really don't need any start menu for 90% of what I do.
    It's really just a very compact start menu, and you can attach pretty much anything to it.

Programs, files, Folders etc.

Download RocketDock - RocketDock.com

I've used it for years.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    I have the taskbar from XP, complete with "Quick Launch", pretty much all I need.

Rickkins, Oct 5, 2014
  10. rijans Win User
    rijans, Oct 12, 2014
  11. AddRAM Win User
    I can`t get that program to install or run*Sad

AddRAM, Oct 13, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    Meh, it doesn't work any better than the script someone else posted a couple weeks ago.

Edwin, Oct 13, 2014
  13. AddRAM Win User

Those 2 icons don`t bother me anymore, so they`ll stay *Smile

AddRAM, Oct 13, 2014
  14. mousegolf Win User
    Don't forget folks, you still have the Quick Launch Area for holding shortcuts to apps and files. The file shortcuts in QLA have always been my main interest. It's nice to add .doc or .txt file shortcut for quick access. I don't like pinning the entire app so QLA eliminates that necessity. *Smile

mousegolf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ? - Similar Threads - Remove Search Task

2. How to remove Search, Task View, Chat or Widgets icons from Windows 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Search, Task View, Chat or Widgets icons from Windows 11 Taskbar: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or remove the Search, Task View, Widgets, and Chat icons from Windows 11 Taskbar, here is how you can do that. It is possible to hide those icons from the Taskbar using Windows Settings and Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11 displays...
  3. Remove icon from a Task View screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove icon from a Task View screen: When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the item still show on the original desktop? Win 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.B804) 174563
  4. remove icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  5. Removal of Task view

Removal of Task view: I started task view by accident. Now I can not get back to regular view. How can it be solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-task-view/dd1ca8d1-bf69-4727-90e5-d2878a7ede77
  6. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  7. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  8. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

Unpin Search & task view from taskbar: Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar? They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered with windows key shortcuts. 2279
  9. Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shows icon plus task view description: I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after clicking and connecting. Then I tried the Show The Task View Button and since then in the task bar I see the icon plus a task...
  10. How to remove the moronic search and task view...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove the moronic search and task view...: ...in one easy step... https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1a8bc...FMcZpVRvjvkqa4 As found in the comments section here... How to Hide the Stupid Search Button on the Windows 10 Taskbar I tried it, and it seems to work. As to why ms would do something so moronic without...