Windows 10: Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results.

Discus and support Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use SourceTree a lot and when I type "sour" into search, I get two results, SourceTree and ODBC Data Sources and it places the not-SourceTree one on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CapinWinky, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results.

I use SourceTree a lot and when I type "sour" into search, I get two results, SourceTree and ODBC Data Sources and it places the not-SourceTree one on top. I have mistakenly hit enter and opened the not-SourceTree thing a few times and so now I must type "sourcet" and hit enter. Clearly, this is world ending and I must spend whatever time and resource are required to rectify it.

Can I somehow tell Search/Cortana/Whatever that I don't give a hoot about ODBC Data Sources and to take it out of my "Best Matches"?

I have seen some dated references to Bing online data to clear Cortana getting to know you stuff, but was unable to follow it as it doesn't seem applicable to newer versions of Windows 10.

submitted by /u/CapinWinky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CapinWinky, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results.

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results.

1. Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results. - Similar Threads - Remove select Best

2. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore: Usually I pressed the Win key to open up the windows start menu and I typed any letters there to start searching for my apps and files.For example I usually type 'Win' then 'F' and 'Enter' to open File Explorer.The problem is that now the search box doesn't automatically...
  3. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore: Usually I pressed the Win key to open up the windows start menu and I typed any letters there to start searching for my apps and files.For example I usually type 'Win' then 'F' and 'Enter' to open File Explorer.The problem is that now the search box doesn't automatically...
  4. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken links in "Best Match" search results

in Cortana
    Broken links in "Best Match" search results: Hi,For a long time now I've had problems with search in Windows 10. I'm currently on build 18363. I have web results turned off via gpe and I do not want to use Cortana.The issue: Searching in the task bar often returns dead links. Even for MS Edge. It looks something like...
  6. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  7. W10 Search: change "Best Match" result OR display "Apps" by default OR remove native apps...

W10 Search: change "Best Match" result OR display "Apps" by default OR remove native apps...: Today my W10 has upgrated to 2004. Until yesterday, I could press winkey, type "fo" and press Enter to launch foobar2000 (app). But now it's opening Photos ("Fotos" in my language), which is a default Windows app. How to fix this? I know I can type "app:fo" or "foo", but I...
  8. [Start Search] Disable Best Match Result Preview?

[Start Search] Disable Best Match Result Preview?: Hi all, Just updated in the first time after probably 2 years (couldn't update before, long story), and i notice that the start search is now way wider and has this really annoying preview option that's essentially useless. How do i disable that? (through registry editing,...
  9. Can't click on results of "Best match" in Windows search (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on results of "Best match" in Windows search (Win10): Hi all, I need help because this is driving me crazy. Suddenly I can't click (or press enter) on most icons best match suggests as they seem to be dead. It seems to be mostly app-related since I can't do it for matches like Chrome, Drive, Word... but it seems to be...
  10. Remove email from Search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove email from Search results: Anyone know how I can remove Thunderbird emails from Search results? Can't find a way to stop them from coming up. Many thanks 46162