Windows 10: Remove "Send a File" window icon

Discus and support Remove "Send a File" window icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I had my Moto G7 phone(named G7) connected to my Windows 10 Pro PC via Bluetooth but in the "Taskbar Bluetooth File Transfer" "Send a File"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Papy, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Papy Win User

Remove "Send a File" window icon

Hi all. I had my Moto G7 phone(named G7) connected to my Windows 10 Pro PC via Bluetooth but in the "Taskbar Bluetooth File Transfer" "Send a File" window, it shows me 2 devices, both named G7. This confused me which one I should use for sending a file to my phone and really there should be only 1 icon, so, I removed all G7 from Bluetooth Devices under Devices settings but the the icon still remains. I have searched the Web for fixes to this problem and have tried all recommended. I uninstalled all Bluetooth drivers, rebooted, stopped all services associated with Bluetooth, rebooted, removed anything to do with Motorola devices, all with no success and have nothing connected via Bluetooth to my PC. Does anyone here know how to remove this bugging icon from the file transfer window. Cheers

Remove "Send a File" window icon [​IMG]

:)

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 29, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Remove "Send a File" window icon

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Remove "Send a File" window icon

1. Remove "Send a File" window icon - Similar Threads - Remove Send File

2. Send icon to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send icon to desktop: HiI have the HP smart app to scan and copy documents and used to access the app from an icon on my desktop. I've recently had a new laptop which now has Windows 11, and although I installed the HP smart app fine I can find no way of creating a desktop shortcut.In Win10, you...
  3. Send icon to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send icon to desktop: HiI have the HP smart app to scan and copy documents and used to access the app from an icon on my desktop. I've recently had a new laptop which now has Windows 11, and although I installed the HP smart app fine I can find no way of creating a desktop shortcut.In Win10, you...
  4. How to send someone a file/folder with a custom icon without losing the icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to send someone a file/folder with a custom icon without losing the icon: As we all know, when you change the icon of a folder it only works locally because when you select an icon it only uses it as a full path instead of making the icon a part of the folder/file itselfAnd because of this, It's impossible to send someone a folder with icons since...
  5. Remove "Send a File" window icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove "Send a File" window icon: Hi all. I had my Moto G7 phone(named G7) connected to my Windows 10 Pro PC via Bluetooth but in the "Taskbar Bluetooth File Transfer" "Send a File" window, it shows me 2 devices, both named G7. This confused me which one I should use for sending a file to my phone and really...
  6. How to remove arrow icons on file icons

How to remove arrow icons on file icons: Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-arrow-icons-on-file-icons/083a0ea5-3b3e-43e7-998b-f74239d0adfa"
  7. Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10

Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10: We want to remove the overlay icon for offline files in Windows 10. So we want the offline files to appear without the x icon. We deleted the registry key for Offline Files in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers...
  8. Sending file

Sending file: How to send file over 25 MB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-file/41828ca1-12ac-4a0b-b1bf-698e28ded456"
  9. Unable to remove file icon, on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove file icon, on desktop.: **CAUTION THIS PERSON IS NOT THE BEST AT SPELLING OR GRAMMAR** Okay so I have a file on my desktop and can not remove it. I have already tried the general ways to remove it.. like dragging it to the recycle bin and right clicking the file and selecting delete. I have also...
  10. Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Documents Icon in Windows The drives. In Windows 10, the Send to > Documents context menu will send a copy of the item to your default save location in your Documents library. This tutorial...