Windows 10: Remove "share location" window?

Discus and support Remove "share location" window? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using Firefox 45.0.1. Some websites display an annoying box requesting that I share my location. Is there a Firefox setting or a Windows setting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gogreen, Apr 7, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Remove "share location" window?

I'm using Firefox 45.0.1. Some websites display an annoying box requesting that I share my location. Is there a Firefox setting or a Windows setting that prevents this annoyance?

:)

gogreen, Apr 7, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 7, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Remove "share location" window? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Remove "share location" window? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Remove "share location" window? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Remove "share location" window? :)

musum, Apr 7, 2016
  4. Remove "share location" window?

hTconeM9user, Apr 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  6. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, davidhk. I went into about:config and changed the setting. For the benefit of others, I double-clicked the geo.enabled setting to turn it to false.

gogreen, Apr 7, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Yea, but does it work ?

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Oh. I did not see the green checkmark.
    So, I assume it does the trick.

You are welcome.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  9. gogreen Win User
    I was wrong about this fix. Here's what works:

To prevent the annoying share-location popup in Firefox 45.0.1, do the following:

1. I kept the geo.enabled setting to True.

2. Then I went into Tools > Options > History > "Clear History when Firefox closes" > Settings. There, under "Data," uncheck "Site preferences," and click OK (see illustration).

3. Then, click the identity portion of the location bar (circled exclamation point and padlock symbol to the left of the site address). This opens a drop-down menu. Click "Block" (see illustration).

These instructions prevent the annoying share-location popup from appearing on the current site. You have to perform these tasks for other websites on which the popup appears.

Hope this helps other Firefox users with this same problem.

gogreen, Apr 8, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for the update.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove "share location" window? - Similar Threads - Remove share location

2. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    location is not available after being shared: I have two laptops one is operated on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 11. I connected both with a direct LAN cable then specified some folders to be shared with everyone on one of them and I copied them into the other laptop. The folder size is 490 GB and after 4 hours it...
  3. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    location is not available after being shared: I have two laptops one is operated on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 11. I connected both with a direct LAN cable then specified some folders to be shared with everyone on one of them and I copied them into the other laptop. The folder size is 490 GB and after 4 hours it...
  4. location is not available after being shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to locate and remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to locate and remove: there is a hidden network coming from inside my house. i know because of the signal strength my nearest neighbors wifi shows up weak. the hidden network shows up full strength like mine does. how do locate and remove? i have recently was hacked using my sim and imei. people...
  6. how to locate and remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to locate and remove: there is a hidden network coming from inside my house. i know because of the signal strength my nearest neighbors wifi shows up weak. the hidden network shows up full strength like mine does. how do locate and remove? i have recently was hacked using my sim and imei. people...
  7. how to locate and remove

8. Remove share from removed printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove share from removed printer: I have removed a printer from devices and find I cannot use the same name on a new printer device. because the printer I removed had a share on it. I have not been able to find the old printer, although when I display printer properties to print a test page I am given the...
  9. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  10. Remove network location

Remove network location: Hi im trying to remove an old network location, but i cant figure out how to do so. i tried to disconnect drives but nothing comes up. [img] [img] [img] 66442