Windows 10: Remove "share location" window?

Discus and support Remove "share location" window? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using Firefox 45.0.1. Some websites display an annoying box requesting that I share my location. Is there a Firefox setting or a Windows setting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gogreen, Apr 7, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Remove "share location" window?

I'm using Firefox 45.0.1. Some websites display an annoying box requesting that I share my location. Is there a Firefox setting or a Windows setting that prevents this annoyance?

:)

gogreen, Apr 7, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 7, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Remove "share location" window? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Remove "share location" window? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Remove "share location" window? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Remove "share location" window? :)

musum, Apr 7, 2016
  4. Remove "share location" window?

hTconeM9user, Apr 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  6. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, davidhk. I went into about:config and changed the setting. For the benefit of others, I double-clicked the geo.enabled setting to turn it to false.

gogreen, Apr 7, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Yea, but does it work ?

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Oh. I did not see the green checkmark.
    So, I assume it does the trick.

You are welcome.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  9. gogreen Win User
    I was wrong about this fix. Here's what works:

To prevent the annoying share-location popup in Firefox 45.0.1, do the following:

1. I kept the geo.enabled setting to True.

2. Then I went into Tools > Options > History > "Clear History when Firefox closes" > Settings. There, under "Data," uncheck "Site preferences," and click OK (see illustration).

3. Then, click the identity portion of the location bar (circled exclamation point and padlock symbol to the left of the site address). This opens a drop-down menu. Click "Block" (see illustration).

These instructions prevent the annoying share-location popup from appearing on the current site. You have to perform these tasks for other websites on which the popup appears.

Hope this helps other Firefox users with this same problem.

gogreen, Apr 8, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for the update.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove "share location" window? - Similar Threads - Remove share location

2. Removing multiple OneDrive shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing multiple OneDrive shares: Windows 10 1909 I have three PCs that seem to share the Documents folder via OneDrive. I don't know how that happened, but I want to unshare the folder. However, not knowing which device instigated the share, I'm unable to rescind it. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks....
  3. Removing Windows Store App Install Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Windows Store App Install Location: Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive. Unfortunately, using the "Change Where New Content Is Saved" settings pane for apps creates a bunch of folders in the root of the drive...
  4. Can't remove access to shared folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove access to shared folders: Yesterday, I noticed that suddenly my desktop and the my documents folder are shared folders. I have not done this. I have been trying to remove this without succes. RIght clicking the file or folder and go give access to-> remove acces does nothing. It pops up a screen that...
  5. Unable to remove disconnected share

Unable to remove disconnected share: I was trying to (forget?) a smb share. I right-clicked, and did "Disconnect". Instead, it seems to have totally removed it, but it still shows up, and it errors out saying that it can't connect to it any longer. When I right-click on it, there doesn't seem to be any way to...
  6. File sharing between users at different locations

File sharing between users at different locations: I would like to share files across different computers with different users. For example, the admin user on Desktop would like to have full control over Laptop and vice versa. I have network discovery and file sharing turned on, the proper services are started, and the...
  7. Remove "network locations" from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "network locations" from Windows Explorer: How do I remove "Network Locations" from Windows Explorer without turning off my network? I just don't want to view it in Windows Explorer. 26450
  8. How to remove network shared files?

How to remove network shared files?: My Windows 10 seems to share some files and i cannot figure out how to disable files sharing. I have 0 files in my Media player library, also, i have no other dlna sw installed that shares anything. How to remove these files from shared list? [img] Edit: I just...
  9. Remove network location

Remove network location: Hi im trying to remove an old network location, but i cant figure out how to do so. i tried to disconnect drives but nothing comes up. [img] [img] [img] 66442
  10. Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Locations for Search Index in Windows 10 By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the...