Windows 10: Remove short names of the icons

Discus and support Remove short names of the icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know how I can have the name of all my icons in the desktop in full without the ... when is to long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arelis141701, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Remove short names of the icons

I would like to know how I can have the name of all my icons in the desktop in full without the ... when is to long

:)

Arelis141701, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 3, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Remove short names of the icons

How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Remove short names of the icons

1. Remove short names of the icons - Similar Threads - Remove short names

2. images for short cuts, icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    images for short cuts, icons: When making a short cut for my desktop how do I find more icons to insert as "change icon" It currently only shows "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe". Where are the MS icons or others. I am just looking for an icon for camping, at the moment....
  3. images for short cuts, icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    images for short cuts, icons: When making a short cut for my desktop how do I find more icons to insert as "change icon" It currently only shows "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe". Where are the MS icons or others. I am just looking for an icon for camping, at the moment....
  4. images for short cuts, icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removing Icon Names

Removing Icon Names: I wanted to remove the icon names, after searching for a while I found about using the number pad, but I don't have a number pad to use, is there any other way to do so or is that the only one?...
  6. Removing Icon Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Icon Names: I wanted to remove the icon names, after searching for a while I found about using the number pad, but I don't have a number pad to use, is there any other way to do so or is that the only one?...
  7. 'programas' is not a valid short file name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'programas' is not a valid short file name: I 've tried to install vmware and virtualbox but I can't because I have this problem, if anyone can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programas-is-not-a-valid-short-file-name/515e5a0b-b75c-40df-b8a9-440a5c32cfa5
  8. 'programas' is not a valid short file name

'programas' is not a valid short file name: I 've tried to install vmware and virtualbox but I can't because I have this problem, if anyone can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programas-is-not-a-valid-short-file-name/515e5a0b-b75c-40df-b8a9-440a5c32cfa5
  9. blurey short cut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    blurey short cut icons: when I convert a logo to a desktop short cut it becomes blurred even though the original jpeg was not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurey-short-cut-icons/2a1181b7-223b-4da8-98e3-1fc611f6b313
  10. what is the mail app's short name with extension?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is the mail app's short name with extension?: what is the mail app's full name with extension? for example command prompt is cmd.exe submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enrru3/what_is_the_mail_apps_short_name_with_extension/