Windows 10: Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

Discus and support Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KingofHeck, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner.

submitted by /u/KingofHeck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KingofHeck, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 23, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

1. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP? - Similar Threads - Remove shortcut arrow

2. IHow to remove desktop icon's arrows without regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    IHow to remove desktop icon's arrows without regedit: Is there a way to remove desktop icon arrows without regedit?I don't want to mess with registry on my main PC because i have sensitive data, tons of apps as well...
  3. Remove shortcut arrow icons (corrupts to black square)

Remove shortcut arrow icons (corrupts to black square): Hiya everyone, I have a problem. I've been trying to get rid of the shortcut arrow icons for over 2 weeks now and no matter what I do they keep corrupting to a black square. Sometimes it works, and the icon is just gone, but it's 50/50 (actually 75/25) whether the black...
  4. shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal

shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal: recently a large blue dbl-arrow icon is in front of my fie names. How can I remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-dbl-arrow-icon-removal/8049002f-fb9c-411b-83d6-bde2468d087e
  5. Removing or changing shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing or changing shortcut arrows: I removed the arrow icons that you normally see on desktop shortcuts, by using the Registry Editor. I went all the way down to Explorer -> Shell Icons and made a new string in which I pasted a certain line that I got from a Youtube tutorial. It worked like a charm and for...
  6. Remove arrows from shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove arrows from shortcuts: Hello Forum, On my previous system (1709) I removed the annoying arrows from desktop shortcuts using instructions given here "How to get rid of app shortcut arrows on the Windows 10 desktop | Windows Central". Tried this on the upgraded system (1803), all desktop icons became...
  7. Remove shortcut arrows

Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829
  8. Desktop icon shortcut arrow changes out of the blue

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon shortcut arrow changes out of the blue: I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit AE and was playing Solitare for a little while tonight when the background desktop flashed and all my program icon shortcut arrows changed from a white square with blue arrow to a green circle with a yellow arrow. I did a refresh and they all...
  9. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....
  10. Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10: How to: Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10 How to Change, Remove, or Restore Shortcut Arrow Overlay Icon in Windows 10 A shortcut is a link to an item (such as a file, folder, or app) on your PC. You can create shortcuts and then place them in...