Windows 10: Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508

Discus and support Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have gone through this thread I was used to this solution in versions before 1909 and didn't find this solution to work for the 2004 build. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShivamMukherjee, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508

I have gone through this thread I was used to this solution in versions before 1909 and didn't find this solution to work for the 2004 build. I can't comment in that thread because it is locked.

What is the correct way to do this now?

:)

ShivamMukherjee, Sep 18, 2020

2. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Shortcuts in Start menu keep dissapearing? replaced by default ones.

Hello,

occasionally when i start up my PC (recently after cleaning it) I open the start menu to find that all of my shortcuts are gone, & replaced by the terrible default ones from when you first install Windows. So i remove the default ones, refind, and "pin to start" all MY preferred shortcuts, then a few days later, Poof! theyre gone again replaced by the same terrible "news" "groove music" , "calendar" "win store" etc.. anyone have an idea as to why this might be happening?No updates have occurred in the interim of Both occurrences, so it cant be that

Win 10 Pro 1703
    15063.138 (terrible start menu edition)

thanks

jboydgolfer, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508

1. Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508 - Similar Threads - Remove shortcuts Start

2. Windows 10 Can't remove certain shortcuts from the start-menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Can't remove certain shortcuts from the start-menu: I want to remove a couple shortcuts from my start-menu. Usually this isn't a problem since I can right-click on them and navigate to the path where the shortcut is located. This is usually C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. But for certain preinstalled...
  3. Cannot remove old Office shortcuts from start menu

Cannot remove old Office shortcuts from start menu: Hi All. We have Windows 10 PC's and have upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2019. Uninstalled 2010 then installed 2019. After installation and clicking the Start Menu we can see the Office 2019 programs in the list, however when searching from the Start menu for Outlook...
  4. Windows 10 64bit 2004 build 19041 suddenly disconnect from network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64bit 2004 build 19041 suddenly disconnect from network.: I'm suffering with randomly disconnect while gaming or even normal use. I didn't install any anti virus software to my system and always turn on auto update. I reinstalled twice a week and let it auto update to the latest but problem still persists. This is current driver...
  5. Windows 10 2004 start menu not working

Windows 10 2004 start menu not working: In Windows 10 2004 update start menu is not working its not opening no matter how many times I click on it I have tried restarting nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-start-menu-not-working/ed2656b3-53d1-4ebc-9886-fc5573943be0
  6. Windows 10 update removes start menu application shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update removes start menu application shortcuts: [ATTACH] Why every update of Windows 10 removes the start menu application shortcuts and resets to the default is beyond me, is anyone having the same problem over and over?...
  7. Removing Start Menu shortcuts

Removing Start Menu shortcuts: Is there a way to remove Built-In application shortcuts from the Start Menu? I don't mean uninstall the application, but just remove its shortcut; shortcuts (examples in red) as seen in the attached picture. 149158
  8. Prevent Windows Update from removing Explorer.exe shortcut from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent Windows Update from removing Explorer.exe shortcut from Start Menu: I do not like to use the default Explorer shortcut. It has no accessible properties, and only allows multiple instances if you enable "Open each folder in a new window" from settings, an entirely different - and undesired - behavior. I've therefore simply created a shortcut...
  9. Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu: Upgraded to Win10 v1909 from Win7 this AM. So far in my research does NOT appear to be a valid solution for Missing Shortcuts from Start. --------------------- Question ----------------- Can someone confirm my background assessment is correct -- or -- have an answer as to...
  10. Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu

Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu: Has anyone been able to remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu? 89284