Windows 10: Remove sign in option

Discus and support Remove sign in option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Help!! I am visually impaired and have tried to remove the sign in option when I turn on my laptop because I can't see well enough to fill in the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AntoniaF, Apr 30, 2019.

1. AntoniaF Win User

Remove sign in option

Help!! I am visually impaired and have tried to remove the sign in option when I turn on my laptop because I can't see well enough to fill in the boxes or use the keyboard (I actually have someone else typing this for me.) Unfortunately I've gone wrong. I pressed Windows +R and typed in control userpasswords2, then I unticked the box as suggested. I think I may have tried to change to a local account because I typed the wrong username. Anyway now when I turn on the laptop I get the sign in which the username is wrong (this is my original username) and if I click on change user it comes up with the incorrect name and asks for a password. On the bottom left of the screen is a number of usernames but theyre all the same (my original one). I went in to try and remove other users but there's nothing there to remove. Am I explaining this okay? What I want is to go back to just myself as user/administrator and no sign in on opening laptop. I have a voice programme so I don't want to reset everything in case I lose it! If you understand what I'm asking, can you help me?

:)

AntoniaF, Apr 30, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 30, 2019
  3. manley1 Win User
    sign in option removal

Hello, I am writing because I would like to know what are the steps to remove the sign in option on the Windows 10 startup screen? I am using a Windows ten latitude laptop.

manley1, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Remove sign in option

How to remove PIN when signing into Windows 10 Version 1703?

Hello William,

There are many ways to sign in to your PC. Follow these steps to remove PIN when signing in to your PC:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Remove sign in option

1. Remove sign in option - Similar Threads - Remove sign option

2. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  3. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  4. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  5. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  6. I want to remove the option to sign in with github. How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to remove the option to sign in with github. How?: When we try to log in users are presented with the option to sign in with GitHub how do we remove this option preventing and problems in the future?...
  7. Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in: Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in. remove option in user settings is grayed out. can not remove pin as a sign in option...
  8. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it: Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it...
  9. Removal of Sign-inn Options

Removal of Sign-inn Options: After an update today, I need to use my Microsoft Password to get on my machine rather than my 4 digit pin. When I went to sign=in options to change it back there were nothing shown...
  10. Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 When you sign in without needing to restart the PCbut even if someone else turns off the PC, your info won't be lost. This tutorial will show you how to add or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete sign in option

2. remove windows hello sign in option