Windows 10: Remove source application panel when changing volume

Discus and support Remove source application panel when changing volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently, probably after some Windows update I got that mega **** notification taking third of a screen to tell me that sound I'm hearing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andrhua, Jun 22, 2019.

1. andrhua Win User

Remove source application panel when changing volume

Remove source application panel when changing volume c51e87aa-4483-4862-ad3d-6675900ccfa9?upload=true.jpg

Recently, probably after some Windows update I got that mega **** notification taking third of a screen to tell me that sound I'm hearing is actually proceeds from chrome. Can't find anything in settings to turn it off.

:)

andrhua, Jun 22, 2019

2. Control Panel Mail "Application Not Found"

Hi Tobias,

Since you already attempted all of the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, we would like to ask a few questions so that we can assist you in resolve your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to change the settings for the Windows 10 Mail app or are you using a different application?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 22, 2019
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 22, 2019
  4. tjsepka Win User

Audio sources default / startup volume

The audio is integrated on my Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 motherboard and is listed as Realtek ALC 892 8-channel high definition audio CODEC. The problem occurs randomly, but I think I sometimes see a correlation with opening a new browser tab. I run both Firefox and Chrome concurrently, and both are up-to-date. The last time it seemed to have occurred with opening a new tab in Firefox, but as I said, it often happens randomly. Event viewer is not logging any Firefox or Chrome errors.

From the crash information I posted above, it appears that it is a Windows fault rather than an application as suggested by the error fault information, which is why I'm looking for a possible work around. Event viewer show the earliest error occurred on 4/14/2017 and was uploaded via error reporting to Microsoft. I was hoping to find a way to keep the affected input channels from coming back on to the (loud!) speaker level I use for other other audio input sources. The volume mixer's channels come back on to the speaker level setting, not to the top end of the channel's volume slider. Not all slider volumes are affected when this happens. The line in channel always does it, but system sounds and email (Thunderbird) channels are usually not affected.

tjsepka, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove source application panel when changing volume - Similar Threads - Remove source application

2. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts,My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder WT.When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications, they uses the main Windows volume. When I switch from other to WT, the volume is...
  3. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts,My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder WT.When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications, they uses the main Windows volume. When I switch from other to WT, the volume is...
  4. Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing: It's been going on for a while now. whenever I switch to a different application, my audio will either lower/grow or change audio sources or whatever it is. I believe it is audio sources because i compared it and it seems that the audio is the same as when i alt tab as when i...
  5. Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing: It's been going on for a while now. whenever I switch to a different application, my audio will either lower/grow or change audio sources or whatever it is. I believe it is audio sources because i compared it and it seems that the audio is the same as when i alt tab as when i...
  6. Computer keeps changing volume/audio sources when alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?: Hi there, I often switch between my speakers and my headset throughout the day. When I change the audio source of my speakers, how can I make it set the default mic as my webcam and when I change the audio source to my headset how can I make it choose my headset mic instead?...
  8. Media/Volume OSD change source

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media/Volume OSD change source: I use a streamdeck mini to control my music while I have my kvm switched to my work computer. This works great for play/paus next/previous and I even made some little ahk scripts to thumbs up and down for me in youtube music. The only thing that doesn't work 100% is the...
  9. Audio source panel appears with volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio source panel appears with volume control: This wasn't a problem until today, so I must have accidentally pressed something. I'd like to know how to fix it, though. When I use the audio controls on my keyboard, along with the usual UI on the left, this large box appears with where my audio is playing. And I reaaally...
  10. Windows 10 'Volume Change' Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 'Volume Change' Panel: Hello, Today (June 21 2019) I've seen a change in the volume panel that is displayed on the top left of my screen. It used to be just the volume, small, and efficient. Now, as I have youtube opened, it's a HUGE and useless panel displaying "chrome.exe" and a LOT of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is chrome exe controlling the volume

2. chrome.exe pop up menu

3. how remove chrome.exe when changing sound