Windows 10: Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

Discus and support Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thewiz43, Dec 12, 2019.

1. thewiz43 Win User

Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager).

There are two registry entries in

Computer\HKEY_USERS\ ... (etc.) ending with ...\program.exe\shell\open\command

It does not look to me as if those lines refer to boot startup. If I take off the ".exe" extension the program name appears in over a dozen registry locations. I cannot find an option inside the program to disable starting up with Windows. I have a log entry in 2015 that I removed the program from automatic startup, but the note does not say HOW I did that. I think it was by removing it from some startup folder, but Windows Explorer is not finding it.

How do I make the program stop loading automatically at bootup but still respond to the start MENU shortcut?

:)

thewiz43, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Edenuzki Win User

Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that
    the programs I want to start are not listed (Steam and Discord)

Here is a screenshot of my task manager startup tab if you need it. (A lot of programs have been removed from it for some reason)

https://puu.sh/Dyunv/6b1a653db7.png

Help would be appreciated on how to add these programs back.

Thank you.

Edenuzki, Dec 12, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just curious as to what I can do to remove this program. Thanks for any info I can get on this.

Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager [​IMG]

Paliser326, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

1. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Remove startup program

2. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  3. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  4. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Program called "Program" in Task manager startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program called "Program" in Task manager startup: [IMG] It seems to be a webcompanion file but I already deleted webcompanion. Is this a bug or a virus of some sort? How do I remove It? https://preview.redd.it/82yy4oc4ovn61.png?width=1172&format=png&auto=webp&s=68360225e8910df543757e443f0fd3e0c4a64bb0 submitted by...
  6. Unspecified Program in Startup Apps and in Task Manager/Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unspecified Program in Startup Apps and in Task Manager/Startup: An unspecified program named "Program" resides in Startup Apps and in Task Manager's Startup app. The command line as seen in Task Manager is "C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=PROPLUS. Startup type is Registry. Teams.exe does indeed...
  7. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  8. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  9. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...