Windows 10: Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles

Discus and support Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I'm running Windows Pro Build 1903 and logged in with my (Adult) Outlook.com account. I have an account for my Son who uses Xbox with a 'Child'... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mbeale1978, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles

Hi

I'm running Windows Pro Build 1903 and logged in with my (Adult) Outlook.com account.

I have an account for my Son who uses Xbox with a 'Child' account. I have setup the Child account with blocking websites etc which works fine when he logs in.

However, he can access 'Windows Store' and download any 'free' apps - these include Social Media apps which we don't want him to use.

I've found loads of things about blocking 'Store' but not of these appear to work with the latest build.

How can I block 'Store' from running or at least block him from downloading and installing 'free' apps.

Thanks

:)

mbeale1978, Aug 6, 2019
  2. McHenry Win User

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Prakhar Khare

I went into System Properties > Advanced and clicked
    Settings under User Profiles and deleted the user profile there.

I followed the provided instructions and completed the steps in Windows PowerShell and rebooted, but had the same result when I tried to run Microsoft - Official Home Page (Windows
    10 suggests searching for an app in the Microsoft Store).

Also, while PowerShell went through 100+ steps, some of them gave some errors regarding the current software being newer versions than what was trying to be installed, or errors indicating that
    requested actions could not be taken due to accounts not being logged in at the time.

Under Settings >
    Accounts > Your info the Verify link is missing for this child's profile.

I did try following a link that should not be there on a Windows Family Features Child account, which is
    Sign in with a local account instead and entered all of the requested account name and password info. Fortunately the task resulted in an error that indicated that it could not complete the request, so a local account was not created.

All of this leads me to believe that the Microsoft account services are not linked or installed properly for this child account. Perhaps the most recent Windows 10 update may have corrupted the previous
    child profile (which had issues with Internet Settings cache size too low for practical internet use in Edge and IE), and may have also corrupted the Default user profile on this computer.

I will not try to remove the child from the family, because I don't think that will resolve the issue (Microsoft seems to like to charge to add children even in troubleshooting). I will
    try the following:

1. I will add this child's Microsoft account to another computer, and see what happens with his profile on that computer
    2. I will examine another child's account on this computer to see whether it was affected by the Edge / IE cache issue
    3. I will see whether I can enable a third child's Microsoft account on this computer and see what the result is when that account profile is created.

Please let me know if there are other steps you recommend (other than removing his MS account from my family)

Regards

Mark

McHenry, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles

1. Remove 'Store' from Windows 10 Child Account profiles - Similar Threads - Remove 'Store' Child

2. Removing child’s account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child’s account: I am trying to remove a kids account in Microsoft family but it’s saying this account is under statutory and requires the guardian me or organisers permission when I am the organiser and the account is no longer required to be under family as my kid is now 18. I have tried...
  3. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  4. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  5. Remove a child account from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove a child account from computer: Hello,I accidentally selected my son's account at some point as associated with my account when updating my computer. Now, my PC acts as if my computer is my son's and it applies all the child restrictions I've set for him. I have to ask myself for permission for extra time...
  6. Remove a child account from computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a child account from computer: Hello,I accidentally selected my son's account at some point as associated with my account when updating my computer. Now, my PC acts as if my computer is my son's and it applies all the child restrictions I've set for him. I have to ask myself for permission for extra time...
  7. Remove a child account from computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group

Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group: My children now have their own PC's so no longer need to use my laptop. I can't find any information about removing them from my laptop without removing them from the family group. I also need to be sure not to lose there data. Thanks...
  9. Removing / Disassociating a Child's Account from a Local Account on Windows 10

Removing / Disassociating a Child's Account from a Local Account on Windows 10: Windows information: Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.836 Context: I've been using the same local account since Windows 8 through several upgrades. I'd been logged in as myself for store / xbox live since those became available services. My child wanted to buy something...
  10. Remove child from Windows family account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove child from Windows family account: I get a message that "You'll need to remove consent first". Then I have to select manage my child's profile, then select remove consent from this child's account. When I do the above I get the following screen information: Manage permissions In the United States, South...