Windows 10: remove temporary files

Discus and support remove temporary files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how or if can I remove DirectX Shader Cache files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by moore55, Mar 25, 2019.

1. moore55 Win User

remove temporary files

how or if can I remove DirectX Shader Cache files

:)

moore55, Mar 25, 2019

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Drillling Win User
    Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary Files

Hello,

I have Windows 10 version 1803 on HP Spectre x360 laptop with a SSD drive, 232 GB.

I have 170 GB of free space. There are no saved documents, pictures or videos.

I have only installed apps and software installed when I purchased the laptop.

My question is:

When I go to Windows Setting, select System, select Storage, select Local Storage/This PC, Storage Usage displays, select Temporary Files showing 423 MB from the selections offered.

Upon selection for Temporary Files, it opens - shows listings for the Remove Temporary Files.

Two particular selections/options to remove files concern me.

These are:

Deletes all system restore points - 4.28 GB

Compress your OD drive - 13.7 GB

These two are not checked for removal, rather they are highlighted in White.

Why are these particular two items are being displayed?

Will these eventually disappear or remain forever?

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Drillling, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

remove temporary files

remove temporary files in ie

Hi,

If you're talking about temporary Internet files and website files in Internet Explorer, you can delete them through the Internet Options page. To do this, follow these steps:

• Access Internet Explorer.
    • On the upper right part of Internet Explorer, click the gear icon.
    • Select Internet options.
    • On the General tab, click the Delete... button under
      Browsing history.
    • Put a check mark on Temporary Internet files and website files, and then click
      Delete.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Close Internet Explorer to apply the changes.

If you have further inquiries, feel free to post back to this thread.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Argel Obm, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

remove temporary files

1. remove temporary files - Similar Threads - remove temporary files

2. Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Files: Hello im just wondering if the downloads on the temporary files below are safe to delete. will this delete just the temporary files or my actual downloaded files? because its too big to be just the temporary files, right? or is it normal and i can delete that safely without...
  3. Unable to Remove Temporary Update Files

Unable to Remove Temporary Update Files: Windows 7 failed many times to install an update and has left 44 directories of temporary files. I have updated to Windows 10 but am unable to remove the files, as they say that requires System access....
  4. Temporary files

Temporary files: I keep getting the error message stating that my disc space on my computer is almost full. The file manager states that 184 of my 235 GB are in temporary files, but when I go into the section to clean it up it only shows 5 gigs of data. Secondly, when I clean those 5 gigs,...
  5. Storage Usage summary shown 3.62GB of Temporary Files, but removal temporary files is only...

Storage Usage summary shown 3.62GB of Temporary Files, but removal temporary files is only...: Hi all, I'm having storage run low issue, but when I check, Storage Usage summary shown 3.62GB of Temporary Files, but removal temporary files is only 14.5KB. Can anyone share how do I locate this hidden 3.62GB? I really need to delete these files to free up more space....
  6. Temporary files removal in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary files removal in Win 10?: Hello, please someone confirm how long normally does the highlighted task (image below) takes? This has been going on for over 90 mins at my end now *really Any easy way to get this done as in directly going to the specific folder and delete the contents? [img] 134903
  7. Temporary files

Temporary files: Is there a place in the Windows 10 settings to delete temporary internet files and cookies when I clear my browsing history? If so, can you tell me how? If not, what do I need to do so all temporary internet files and cookies will be deleted at the same time I clear my...
  8. Remove temporary files from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove temporary files from windows 10: How do I remove temporary files from windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-temporary-files-from-windows-10/1052517f-b62a-49a4-94a1-594680590e08"
  9. Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary...

Unusual Option for Removal of Temporary Files for System/Setting/Storage/This PC/Temporary...: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1803 on HP Spectre x360 laptop with a SSD drive, 232 GB. I have 170 GB of free space. There are no saved documents, pictures or videos. I have only installed apps and software installed when I purchased the laptop. My question is: When...
  10. Temporary file removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary file removal: Is System Mechanic a safe program to use for Windows maintenance? Just wondering because the built in feature through Windows settings/storage/removing files is really slow. No hurry to respond...just curious......