Windows 10: Remove the Disable Pin from Windows Sign in

Discus and support Remove the Disable Pin from Windows Sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! The PIN that I want to remove wasn't enable, and I can't remove the PIN which was set up in my computer. I open my device today and It has a PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Giana JoyLorenzo, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Remove the Disable Pin from Windows Sign in

Hi! The PIN that I want to remove wasn't enable, and I can't remove the PIN which was set up in my computer. I open my device today and It has a PIN password setup, please hope you'll help me, how to remove it. Thank you

:)

Giana JoyLorenzo, Nov 9, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Remove the Disable Pin from Windows Sign in

Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Remove the Disable Pin from Windows Sign in

1. Remove the Disable Pin from Windows Sign in - Similar Threads - Remove Disable Pin

2. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  3. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  4. PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL: Hello I want to stop using a pin to enter my windows 10, I went into the registry via>>>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptionschanged the allow sign in Option to 0 from a 1 it took away the pin but when i went to sign in the...
  5. PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL: Hello I want to stop using a pin to enter my windows 10, I went into the registry via>>>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptionschanged the allow sign in Option to 0 from a 1 it took away the pin but when i went to sign in the...
  6. PIN SIGN ON REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. remove Sign in pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove Sign in pin: Hello, how do I remove the sign in pin on windows 10? Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-sign-in-pin/4521be7a-7f0b-4ff1-bce9-bfa20d3e88a4
  8. Removing Windows Pin Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing Windows Pin Sign-In: I use either my password, face id, or touch id to login to my Dell XPS13. Works fine mostly but every now and then it asks for my PIN. This annoys the heck out of me - I DO NOT KNOW MY PIN, and REFUSE TO MEMORIZE ONE in addition to my password. I tried removing the PIN...
  9. Disable PIN Sign In

Disable PIN Sign In: I just "upgraded" my Windows 10 system to 20H2...and one of the "gifts" the wonderful programmers at Microsoft included forced me to provide a PIN for logging in to my desktop. After which my password doesn't work anymore! To be clear, I can sign in with the PIN...but...
  10. Disable Sign In PIN

Disable Sign In PIN: I read online how to disable PIN which is clicking on forget my PIN. What to do if Forget my PIN isn't an option? TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sign-in-pin/760c358c-cd78-41b0-b809-5d9b63267d1f