Windows 10: Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

Discus and support Remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EthanChai1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you

:)

EthanChai1, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 27, 2024
  3. JaneWeber Win User
    Can I remove the microphone icon from the taskbar search feature, while keeping the search bar itself?

To clarify my question completely;

• I do not want to remove the search bar;
    • I do not wish to disable Cortana completely;
    • I wish to continue using the search box, and;
    • I wish to remove the icon and nothing else.
    I want to keep exactly the search bar embedded in the task bar, without the microphone icon located to the right of the box. I never use it, but I love the search box, and so when I accidentally press the microphone icon it delays my search.

Thanks in advance!

JaneWeber, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Geethu B Win User

Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

1. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar - Similar Threads - Remove icon right

2. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  3. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  4. search bar not working right

in Cortana
    search bar not working right: today i noticed my search bar is not showing files and folder and if i do try and type for example when i try and typ default app s or create restore point or color management or what ever. If i type in default apps it doe not show up in the search box btu goes right edge and...
  5. search bar not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not working right: today i noticed my search bar is not showing files and folder and if i do try and type for example when i try and typ default app s or create restore point or color management or what ever. If i type in default apps it doe not show up in the search box btu goes right edge and...
  6. search bar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  7. search bar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  8. search bar icon

in Cortana
  9. [Windows 10] Remove little icons inside the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 10] Remove little icons inside the search bar: Hi all,since a couple of days my search bar has shown those annoying icon/images. I've looked everywhere for a way to disable them without any success. Can anyone help me? these small images seems to be connected to some sort of event, in fact, if I open the search bar I can...
  10. Program Icons not right in search

in Cortana
    Program Icons not right in search: I observed that icons of recently installed applications are not appearing when I search in start but are fine on the Start homepage screenshots to refer . Its not happening with Windows apps ,those are fine. Tried all the stuff related to topic like changing icon scale,...