Windows 10: Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

Discus and support Remove the option to add pin etc at start up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have just installed 2 x SSD with the help of some Win 7 members. One runs Win 7 & the other Win 10 Im pretty much all set up now but one thing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ipbr21054, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ipbr21054 Win User

Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

Hi,
    I have just installed 2 x SSD with the help of some Win 7 members.

One runs Win 7 & the other Win 10
    Im pretty much all set up now but one thing Im stuck with is the option to either enter Pin or Password at start up every time.

Im the only user so when I switch on pc I just want to load the desktop without having this login part every time.

:)

Ipbr21054, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 25, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

How do I remove the start up pin option ?

Underneath the password box, click Sign-in options, choose password key icon then sign in.

Temporarily setup the pin the remove it after setup using the following steps:

After setting up the PIN and arriving at the desktop...

Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Under PIN, click 'I forgot my PIN'

Enter the password associated with your Microsoft account followed by OK.

On the next page, click Cancel and no new PIN will be added.

Andre for Directly, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

1. Remove the option to add pin etc at start up - Similar Threads - Remove option add

2. My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?: Hey, since last week my computer has been saying my pin is unavailable with an option that says “set up my pin” below it. However, when you click the option, nothing happens. I’ve looked up YouTube tutorials to learn to hold the shift key down while restarting to go to the...
  3. My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?: Hey, since last week my computer has been saying my pin is unavailable with an option that says “set up my pin” below it. However, when you click the option, nothing happens. I’ve looked up YouTube tutorials to learn to hold the shift key down while restarting to go to the...
  4. My pin is disabled and start up options are not showing up?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Slow start up etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow start up etc: Slow sign in plus have to restart several times before I can get to startup page. Installed new drivers that were renewed but still have the problem with starting up. Can I get answers from this year and not from the past 3 or 4 , that didn't give me any answers that took...
  6. How do I remove the start up pin option ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the start up pin option ?: Cancel does not work as posted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-the-start-up-pin-option/b12a2c27-9ec6-4ea1-bbf2-a42b5f2e7b76"
  7. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...
  8. No Pin To Start Option

in Windows 10 Support
    No Pin To Start Option: [img] No system restore point. What happened is that I installed an app and I accidentally clicked "Install" for a chrome plug-in. It removed some shortcuts on my start menu and I was just "Okay. I'll just pin them again." And at this point I already scheduled a chkdsk...
  9. No Option to Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Pin to Start: Hey guys. no matter what I try, I'm unable to pin to start - this is the standard 10240 build. Win 10 Pro (my desktop) I believe I had the ability to pin in the past but now all of a sudden it just doesn't exist. Even if I drag is shows a circle with a cross through...
  10. Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can pin to Start any apps, contacts (People app), folders, drives, homegroup, library, network, and OneDrive so you can...