Windows 10: Remove the switch user button on win 10 home

Discus and support Remove the switch user button on win 10 home in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So you have a shared laptop. You and a few other people are admins on it. You're doing stuff and you need to use the toilet. You put the screen down... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by shravanmandava, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Remove the switch user button on win 10 home

So you have a shared laptop. You and a few other people are admins on it. You're doing stuff and you need to use the toilet. You put the screen down and go to use the toilet. You come back, open up your laptop and you notice that instead of listing the users in the bottom left it shows a button saying switch user. How do I make that button disappear and make it list the accounts on that PC once again. As I said, I'm on windows 10 HOME not pro or enterprise.

:)

shravanmandava, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Remove the switch user button on win 10 home

Other User on startup screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before proceeding, we would like to know if that another account is Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the step provided below to switch user.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.

• Click on Switch User.

• And select your user account.

Follow the steps provided below to remove Microsoft account.

• Press Windows + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• In your accounts, at the bottom click on the account you want to remove.

• Then click on Remove button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Remove the switch user button on win 10 home

1. Remove the switch user button on win 10 home - Similar Threads - Remove switch user

2. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  3. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  4. After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users: I have purchased new computers with Win Home 10/11 installed.I then purchase Win Pro upgrades and install them.Even though Switch User is an option, it will only let me choose the username I setup the computer with.Even with multiple local accounts installed.This happens if I...
  5. After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users: I have purchased new computers with Win Home 10/11 installed.I then purchase Win Pro upgrades and install them.Even though Switch User is an option, it will only let me choose the username I setup the computer with.Even with multiple local accounts installed.This happens if I...
  6. After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot switch users in window 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot switch users in window 10 Home: I am unable to login to a second new user account I added to my computer. There is no option to login to the new account on the startup screen or from within the main account that I use. I tried to do it by enabling an "other users" page but I get "user profile service...
  8. Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I've been having consistent issues with trying to switch users in windows 10 home edition. I have two users on my laptop, and if I'm signed into one, the other shows up in the settings app under accounts and in file explorer, but it never shows up in the burger menu in the...
  9. Removing a Family User No remove button

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing a Family User No remove button: Hello. I have looked all over for a solution and I cant seem to find one anywhere. I am trying to remove a family user from my windows 10 laptop. It is NOT an admin account. I have clicked 'manage family settings online' and removed them from there, and the restarted my...
  10. switch user button missing windows 10

switch user button missing windows 10: switch user button missing windows 10 how do I fix this? windows key + L and ctrl alt delete do not fix this I have to log out before logging in to another account please fix....