Windows 10: Remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories

Discus and support Remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi It is possible to remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories using the installation DVD of Windows 10 or using its advanced startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by balubeto, Feb 18, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories

Hi

It is possible to remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories using the installation DVD of Windows 10 or using its advanced startup options via them Command Prompt? If so, how I do this?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Feb 18, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello balubeto, *Smile

You could use an option in the tutorial below to delete the Windows.old and $Windows.~BT folders. Option 4 is the best one if available for you.

Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 18, 2017
  3. balubeto Win User
    You wanted to write: Option three. True?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Option 3 for what you requested at boot, but Option 4 is the best to use if available.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove the $windows.~BT and windows.old directories - Similar Threads - Remove $windows ~BT

2. had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse: My old bluetooth mouse would not remove through normal methods suggested in online help sites, so I uninstalled it in Device Manager. I cannot get my new bluetooth mouse to pair. The led on the mouse flashes to indicate that it's trying to pair. The little buffering circle...
  3. had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse: My old bluetooth mouse would not remove through normal methods suggested in online help sites, so I uninstalled it in Device Manager. I cannot get my new bluetooth mouse to pair. The led on the mouse flashes to indicate that it's trying to pair. The little buffering circle...
  4. had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. had difficulty removing old BT mouse and cannot pair new BT mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. $Windows.~BT New OS directory - Can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    $Windows.~BT New OS directory - Can't delete: My win 10, WinSider PC, seems to have downloaded Win 11 in the Windows.~BT folder. It takes about 15GB of space. I want it gone. My system hardware (currently) can't use win11, which I think this is. I have tried all the usual methods to remove/delete. None can do it. the...
  8. cannot remove $WINDOWS~BT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot remove $WINDOWS~BT: This damned thing is taking up 20GB on my boot drive. I know it's a temporary folder, but it won't allow me to remove it. I can't delete it manually, nor will running commands as admin work, because it continually denies access. takeown /F C:\$Windows.~BT* /R /A icacls...
  9. Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I remove the old "_restore" directories in Windows 10?: While trying to clean up my W10 boot drive before cloning to an SSD, I found what I believe is old junk in the System Volume Information folder. Is it okay to get rid of that old "_restore" folder and files (11GB)? 117855
  10. Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory: Hi In Windows 10, how do I delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory? Thanks Bye 22003