Windows 10: Remove tip links from lock screen

Discus and support Remove tip links from lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How can I remove the tip links from the lock screen image in Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JamesReuter1, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Remove tip links from lock screen

How can I remove the tip links from the lock screen image in Windows?

:)

JamesReuter1, Feb 8, 2021
  2. ahmd Win User

How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?

I like this new feature in Windows 10 when it randomizes the picture that is shown on the lock screen. What I can't stand are those clickable links that they put on it. These things:

Remove tip links from lock screen [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to remove them?

My main gripe with those links is that I often hit them by mistake when I try to unlock my PC so I then have to either click on an empty space or then close some annoying page that comes up in a web browser. It just kills productivity.

PS. I tried following these steps to use GPOs but it doesn't seem to do anything in my case. I also tried changing in the Settings so that not to allow spotlight, but then it removes this randomized wallpaper thing, which I like. I'm asking only about the links on it.

ahmd, Feb 8, 2021
  3. STiGzag Win User
    Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back.

I have 'Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen' disabled under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen, but this doesn't seem to have an effect. Any ideas?

Image of what I'm looking to remove:

STiGzag, Feb 8, 2021
  4. jleyroux Win User

Remove tip links from lock screen

How to remove annoying suggestions on W10 lock screen?

Thank you @Bree @EyeInTheSky @bro67 for your support!

I can confirm that the "Fun facts, tips and trick" setting only appears if I select "Picture" on the Background setting. See image below, notice that the tips setting is turned off:

My current settings are this ones: See the image below. That is what I see when selecting Windows Spotlight... I can't seem to find any option to turn off the suggestions...

And hey, no problem, @EyeInTheSky ! Remove tip links from lock screen :)

jleyroux, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Remove tip links from lock screen

1. Remove tip links from lock screen - Similar Threads - Remove tip links

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  4. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen: Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there? I've got a range of Windows...
  5. Remove advertising from lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...
  6. How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?

How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?: I like this new feature in Windows 10 when it randomizes the picture that is shown on the lock screen. What I can't stand are those clickable links that they put on it. These things: [img] Does anyone know how to remove them? My main gripe with those links is that...
  7. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen: I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back. I have 'Get fun facts,...
  8. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113
  9. Lock screen fun facts and tips...

Lock screen fun facts and tips...: hi, I have my lock screen set to “picture” I have the setting for get more fun facts tips... set to on.. When I lock the pc the fun facts and tips do not show... Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You 104037
  10. TIP for setting up Lock screen

TIP for setting up Lock screen: I detest most of the Spotlight photos, so I have the Background set on the Windows rectangle graphics, but of course any photo will do. Then for the Lock screen I finally made this discovery (which might only work with v1709, newly installed, dunno). Anyway, by FIRST...