Windows 10: Remove tool selecting whole image in Paint 3D magic select

Discus and support Remove tool selecting whole image in Paint 3D magic select in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I selected my image perfectly with magic select, but there's just a couple of pixels I wanna remove. I use the remove tool and click on the pixels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Boston Mendonca, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Remove tool selecting whole image in Paint 3D magic select

I selected my image perfectly with magic select, but there's just a couple of pixels I wanna remove. I use the remove tool and click on the pixels and... It literally selects the WHOLE image EXCEPT FOR where I clicked!! This is extremely frustrating and the image was nearly perfectly selected. Now I have to redo the whole thing. Also, retrying to select it is even more frustrating: Why is this happening?? How do I prevent/fix it???

:)

Boston Mendonca, Sep 12, 2021

2. How To Save Microsoft Paint 3D Magic Select Tool Images

I'm trying to save images that have been created using Paint 3D Magic Select for use in other Microsoft programs, e.g. Publisher or PowerPoint. Print Screen and the snipping tool aren't options because I just want to save the object created by Magic Select,
    not a space on the screen. I can save the object to the Paint 3D clipboard, but Publisher and PowerPoint can't access the Paint 3D clipboard. Is there any way to save the object to a file (jpg)?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Paint 3D / Getting Started]

JohnSouerbry, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Paint 3d Magic select

So I've been enjoying the Paint 3d app for helping with editing pictures especially the Magic select function but recently it's not working the way it use too. when I would use the function it would take the area I selected and when I remove it the area
    behind would be filled in like the way photoshop would be if you deleted a layer from the established background, background intact selected layer gone.

but now it's just a white back ground whenever I remove the selected area is there a way to fix it?

AxtonLennox, Sep 12, 2021
  4. NJEVANS Win User

Remove tool selecting whole image in Paint 3D magic select

How To Save Microsoft Paint 3D Magic Select Tool Images

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were extracting the image from a photograph and wanted to lose the background before copying to another app. I get it now - you want to capture the object with a transparent background as it appears after Magic Select.
    It does seem bizarre that it's not possible - even Paint (non-3D) has a "Transparent Selection" option in the Select menu.

NJEVANS, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Remove tool selecting whole image in Paint 3D magic select

1. Remove tool selecting whole image in Paint 3D magic select - Similar Threads - Remove tool selecting

2. Selecting Objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Objects in Paint 3D: This is probably a silly question but I'm just getting started with Paint 3D and keep running into the same problem. I laid out several copies of rectangles. After selecting another tool I wanted to go back and move the rectangles. However, the select tool does not select...
  3. Selecting Objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting Objects in Paint 3D: This is probably a silly question but I'm just getting started with Paint 3D and keep running into the same problem. I laid out several copies of rectangles. After selecting another tool I wanted to go back and move the rectangles. However, the select tool does not select...
  4. Paint 3d Magic Select does not make smooth edges.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint 3d Magic Select does not make smooth edges.: I'm trying to use the Magic Select for Paint 3d. Every time I use it, it selects a wobbly line going in and out of everything making weird jagged edges and is virtually unusable because of that.Is there a way to prevent it from doing this? Here's an attached picture as well....
  5. Paint 3D Magic Select

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paint 3D Magic Select: How do I maintain an image's high resolution after I cut it out using Magic Select? I start with an 800K photo, and I end up with a 93K cutout. Magic Select is great thank you, Microsoft, but not if I end up with low res images! Thanks in advance . . ....
  6. Painting on Desktop with Selection Tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Painting on Desktop with Selection Tool: When I try to select things on my desktop, I am left with me painting a pink/purple color over my selection. I have personally never seen this before and it switches on and off without warning. Is there any way to fix this? Should I reconnect components in my PC, or reboot...
  7. Missing Magic select tool

Missing Magic select tool: I can't find my magic select tool in paint 3d. Is it missing or it doesn't exist anymore... Is there anyway I can get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-magic-select-tool/05321ad1-ae30-4624-8d1a-14abf1282faa
  8. magic select

magic select: when ever i need to use magic select on a small object it just glitches out and when ever i try to fix it it just selects the whole screen except a tiny part that i am not able to select even when i cover the entire area with the white line, and when i finally am able to...
  9. Paint 3d Magic select

Paint 3d Magic select: So I've been enjoying the Paint 3d app for helping with editing pictures especially the Magic select function but recently it's not working the way it use too. when I would use the function it would take the area I selected and when I remove it the area behind would be filled...
  10. 3D Paint Magic Select

3D Paint Magic Select: In 3D Paint, I am trying to use Magic Select to move an item within a photo. For quite awhile I was able to do this and the background was "intelligently filled" as the item was moved. However now, when I move or delete the item, the space is left white. I don't know why...