Windows 10: Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search

Discus and support Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove the headlines from the search bar? This kind of stuff drives me nuts. Very obtrusive. Thanks! [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JohnWilkesBo, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search

Is there a way to remove the headlines from the search bar?

This kind of stuff drives me nuts. Very obtrusive. Thanks!

Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search 075ef9aa-c13f-461a-a0d7-1bfdc9082739?upload=true.jpg

:)

JohnWilkesBo, Aug 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search

1. Remove "Top News" Headlines from Taskbar Search - Similar Threads - Remove Top News

2. How to remove dino fossil / news widget from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove dino fossil / news widget from taskbar?: Another day, another Windows feature that nobody asked for. Anybody know how to remove this? While I'm here, is there a way to stop automatic updates? I had over a dozen notepad files for work that were deleted thanks to the update....
  3. remove news from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove news from taskbar: how to remove news from taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-news-from-taskbar/752cded2-6465-47cc-bff1-99b0517ab77e
  4. remove news from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove news from taskbar: how to remove news from taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-news-from-taskbar/752cded2-6465-47cc-bff1-99b0517ab77e
  5. remove news from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar: Windows 10 on PC (OS build 19041.1052 A recent W10 auto-update added a news & weather icon to my Task Bar. It pops-up at inopportune times and obscures whatever I'm working on. The box doesn't have an X to close the popup. So, I've learned to click in the box, and then on the...
  7. Task search bar news headlines

in Cortana
    Task search bar news headlines: Can someone please, for the love of all that is sacred, tell me how to get rid of the news headlines in the windows 10 task search bar such as that in the picture included? If I have to listen to my dad scream about it and how he can't get rid of it anymore I'm going to lose...
  8. Windows Quick Search - remove "Top News" stories

Windows Quick Search - remove "Top News" stories: Easy question. How do I remove "Top News" stories from my Windows 10 quick searches? I used to not receive this garbage in my Quick Search but now I am all of sudden receiving them. Recommendation. Do NOT automatically do this - I could care less what Microsoft deems a...
  9. Remove Entertainment News from the Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Remove Entertainment News from the Windows 10 search bar: I just did a reinstall on windows 10. Now when I try to search using the search bar, I am presented with Entertainment News. I do not need nor want to see this. How do I remove this from showing up in my search results? Screenshot attached. [ATTACH] Thanks! s/ S...
  10. Remove "fox news" from news feed

Remove "fox news" from news feed: How do I remove fox news from news feed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/remove-fox-news-from-news-feed/eeefc147-a88f-4511-ac72-455f710d3fdc