Windows 10: remove TWINUI from default apps

Discus and support remove TWINUI from default apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have used and scanned using sfc/scannow , I have used DISM after being logged in as Admin. I have still not removed TWINUI from being selected in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buckees6, May 18, 2019.

1. buckees6 Win User

remove TWINUI from default apps

I have used and scanned using sfc/scannow , I have used DISM after being logged in as Admin.

I have still not removed TWINUI from being selected in default apps. I can still open files I wish after "opening with" which is a nuisance,

I still want to remove TWINUI as it appears Windows 10 and Windows themselves are not offering any upgrade to get rid of this bug.

I cannot find any up to date advice in the Windows Community, I do not accept downloads of programs from any source to try and fix this problem.

There are too many scammers in the Microsoft Community which leaves me wondering WHY windows do not offer support in the form of an upgrade for this problem. It appears that I would not be the only Member using Windows 10/64 Pro that is not get any help from Genuine Windows Support ?

Do an other members have the same problem?

:)

buckees6, May 18, 2019
  2. PhillipCaprio, May 18, 2019
  3. Imcoady Win User
    Remove TWINUI

Over the past couple of weeks I have had issues where something called TWINUI gets set as the default app for opening image or video files and when it happens and I try to open a file I get an error saying the Windows can't find the file and it shows the
    file path. Then it suggests that I check my info and try again. This is after clicking on the thumbnail for the file in question. Then when I check the default apps I see that something called TWINUI has been set as the default. When I get it fixed I'll still
    see TWINUI as an option if I rt-click and select "open with".

Is it possible to completely remove all mention of TWINUI, whatever it is, from Windows 10 so this will stop happening?

Imcoady, May 18, 2019
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Remove TWINUI

Hi,

TWINUI is also known as Tablet Windows User Interface which is important for those doing background processing and secondary tiles. There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot your concern with the TWINUI. Let's follow the methods provided by Vanessa
    Sohtun on February 25, 2016 on this
    link
    and see if this will resolve your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. remove TWINUI from default apps - Similar Threads - remove TWINUI default

2. Remove Firefox from default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Firefox from default apps: I am using FirefoxPortable and uninstalled Firefox, but both are showing in Default Apps, how to I remove Firefox? 160131
  3. TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TWINUI as Default App - Showed Up, Getting Worse: Problem: My "default app by extension" settings suddenly changed so a bunch of them have been reset to TWINUI. I have no idea how or why this happened, I just suddenly found I got errors when I tried to open a PNG image. The good news is that if I pick an appropriate photo...
  4. Default applications switches to TWINUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default applications switches to TWINUI: I am trying to change the default applications whichare set as Twinui. The problem is that they are not changing when I select a different app. They convert back to Twinui...
  5. Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI

Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui. ***Original title: Twinui not allow to change default apps.***...
  6. Twinui not allow to change default apps.

Twinui not allow to change default apps.: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui....
  7. All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI: I can't start any apps on windows, such as the app store itself, the mail app, or Groove Music. Help would be much appreciated, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything and I already tried restorehealth in the command prompt. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Apps Reset To TWINUI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Reset To TWINUI: Before I Explain whats happening can a admin take me to the correct topic. My Music And map apps have been replaced with a app called TWINUI. If I Try To Open A Music File A error pops up. Any Help Pls I do have a system image recovery file but I don't know if that restores...
  9. TWINUI in default apps

TWINUI in default apps: TWINUI is shown in default apps section "Maps" and "Video Player" , how to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twinui-in-default-apps/5558c25a-b11c-4dad-8701-9ce4237c7609
  10. Default app: TWINUI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default app: TWINUI: I have desperately been trying to open some files and unable to. I updated by computer on Friday evening the computer was off but when I got up on Saturday TWINUI became the default app for several programs I states it is recommended by Microsoft, but I seriously doubt that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. twinui default apps fix

2. remove twinui windows 10

3. twinui windows 10

4. How to uninstall TWINUI,
  5. remove twinui,
  6. twinui windows 10 fix,
  7. how to resolve twinui in default apps,
  8. uninstall twinui,
  9. twinui fix,
  10. twinui remove,
  11. twinui default apps,