Windows 10: Remove unknown emails from user account

Discus and support Remove unknown emails from user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines. We've just noticed that this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StuartButterworth, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Remove unknown emails from user account

On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines.
    We've just noticed that this appears to have been switched to a windows account, linked to a couple of email addresses, neither of which she recognises.

One of these accounts seems to have added itself to our Family Group as well, as an organizer.

Is there any way I can remove those accounts via my admin user account and revert her account back to a local account?
    Thanks...

:)

StuartButterworth, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 12, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    Unknown account removal

In a 'permissions' dialog an attempt to remove an UNKNOWN ACCOUNT prompts that inheritance first must be disabled. Two options are offered...

1) Convert inherited permissions to explicit permissions on this object
    2) Remove all inherited permissions from the object

Which should be chosen, and will other accounts be affected? Or, would it be prudent to ignore the unknown account?

This is an "Sxxx" account and does not appear in the USERS account list, nor with other normal registry accounts.

borgus, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Steve_809 Win User

Remove unknown emails from user account

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Remove unknown emails from user account

1. Remove unknown emails from user account - Similar Threads - Remove unknown emails

2. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  3. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  4. unknown email account on my win 11 user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown email account on my win 11 user account: Hi. i have got some intruder in form of maleware or what ever on my pc.It has rubbed a lot of things from my pc. it used my email account and chaned my gaming account. but mail problem it is still in my pc and cannot get rid of it on my win acount, as you can see it has an...
  5. unknown email account on my win 11 user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown email account on my win 11 user account: Hi. i have got some intruder in form of maleware or what ever on my pc.It has rubbed a lot of things from my pc. it used my email account and chaned my gaming account. but mail problem it is still in my pc and cannot get rid of it on my win acount, as you can see it has an...
  6. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  7. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  8. Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account): I had previously logged in to my work OneDrive account on my personal computer. I have now left the company and my account (Office365) has now been closed on their end but I constantly get issue notifications that there is a problem with my account but I can't seem to remove...
  9. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  10. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...