Windows 10: Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home

Discus and support Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently had my computer rebuilt by a friend of a friend. For some reason he has installed an unlicensed version of Windows 10 pro. I had wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DaveHurteau, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home

I recently had my computer rebuilt by a friend of a friend. For some reason he has installed an unlicensed version of Windows 10 pro. I had wanted to install the version of Windows 10 Home I had on my old computer since all of its components have been stripped out and it is going in the trash. I used the Media Creation tool to install Windows 10 home on a USB stick from my old computer before I trashed it. I have the product key etc but I can't figure out how to uninstall the bogus copy of Windows 10 pro that's on my new system and reinstall the Windows 10 home I had on the old one.

:)

DaveHurteau, Dec 31, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Dec 31, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home

1. Remove unlicensed Windows 10 pro and install licensed windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Remove unlicensed pro

2. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  3. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  4. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Upgrading" unlicensed (!) Windows Home to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Upgrading" unlicensed (!) Windows Home to Windows Pro: I am looking at a co-worker's hand-me-down company laptop to see if I could add encryption which is now required for our business. (The boss got the new laptop, the admin gets his old one!). First thing I see is that display has a permanent watermark "Need Windows...
  6. Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Switch from unlicensed Windows 10 Home to Licensed Windows 10 Pro: I installed Windows 10 Home without a license to get my machine going, but have a Full windows 10 Pro product key to use not an upgrade and want to switch to that without having to reinstall Windows. I know you can go Home -> Pro without a reinstall, but can't figure this...
  7. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and removed HDD, Windows cannot be licensed.

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and removed HDD, Windows cannot be licensed.: I have a Windows 10 Home license key from 2015, but that cannot be used to license a Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade from the Microsoft store. I upgraded my Windows 10 Home installation to Windows 10 Pro, during the reboot phase I changed my...
  8. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  9. How to change windows 10 pro (unlicensed) to windows 10 home from Microsoft

How to change windows 10 pro (unlicensed) to windows 10 home from Microsoft: I buy new notebook with unlicensed windows 10 pro from shop And now I buy windows 10 home How to active a last version Thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-pro-unlicensed-to-windows/a432d3f5-fb9b-4678-9ddd-933261fc940b"
  10. Windows 10 Home digital license, but Windows 10 Pro installed

Windows 10 Home digital license, but Windows 10 Pro installed: Hello, I previously had Windows 10 Pro installed and activated in my laptop but I didn't use it for a few months. Recently, I decided to use it again and some updates were installed. After the updates finished, I noticed that Windows wasn't activated. When I try to...