Windows 10: Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again

Discus and support Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, so I am at a total loss here. I am detailing the current problem and all debug steps taken so far below. I am working on a fresh build. Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MarCylinder, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again

Okay, so I am at a total loss here. I am detailing the current problem and all debug steps taken so far below. I am working on a fresh build. Computer has an m2 (SN850 500GB) and HDD. I configured the computer correctly to install windows from USB. Installed Windows 10 successfully onto the m2. After windows updates, I turned off the computer, and plugged in the HDD as it was unplugged for the windows install. Computer would not boot again. Unplugged HDD. Computer still will not boot. Bios hangs before Windows boots. BIOS stopped recognizing the m2. Switched the m2 over to a different port and the problem persists. Plugging the USB back in wouldn't work either. As long as the m2 was in the computer, it would not load the Windows installation utility. I cleared CMOS, this did not help. I wiped the M2 with UBCD, and used a hardware check utility built into the motherboard. M2 passed with no issues Removing the m2 and plugging in the HDD allows the computer to boot the windows installation utility. In the interest of eliminating the USB drive as the issue, I used a new USB drive and put Windows 10 installation utility on that. Booted from the USB drive no issue. Installed Windows no issue. However, if I remove the USB drive from the computer and attempt to restart, the computer hangs before Windows loads. Reinserting the USB drive allows the computer to boot back to the installer, where Windows can be installed again. Rebooting with the USB drive in the computer and not removing it allows Windows to boot up again without re-installing. I must now add for context, this is somewhere near the 30th PC build I've done, probably past that. I've been building PCs since Windows XP. I swear I'm not incompetent. What am I missing here? And to answer the obvious, no I am not installing Windows onto the flash drive. It's not even an option. And any other storage device is diconnected at this time. To answer the less obvious, I have checked boot priority and available boot devices. Every option other than the USB and m2 is disabled. Disabling the option for USB boot device after installing Windows does not fix the issue.

:)

MarCylinder, Aug 14, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 14, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again

1. Remove USB Installer - Start Over Again - Similar Threads - Remove USB Installer

2. Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 23H2 laptop which was set to English-US language. After a lot of hard work, I changed the language to English-UK and I note now that the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 has installed...
  3. Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 23H2 laptop which was set to English-US language. After a lot of hard work, I changed the language to English-UK and I note now that the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 has installed...
  4. Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.: Greetings,I have run into an issue that with a few programs II have. They will trigger on using them that I need to update. I will update and once the program restarts it will tell me I need the same update again. At first, I didn't think it to be Windows issue. Only after...
  5. Windows 10 installer starting over again following reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installer starting over again following reboot: So I decided to reset and reinstall windows 10 on my laptop since it got really slow. I've been trying to do this using a USB. I prioritized the boot of the USB so it would run the installer However every time the installer reaches 100% in the "Getting files ready for...
  6. Getting BSOD over and over again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD over and over again: I've turned my pc off, then when i wanted to turn it back, i got a blue screen, "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I've tried to boot it from a dvd which has the 'windows.iso' file. It failed. Then i tried using F8 on startup, tried everything safe mode; safe mode with...
  7. windows cumulative updates not installing and keeps trying over and over again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cumulative updates not installing and keeps trying over and over again.: This has been happening since December 2019 and I am tearing my hair out. Quality updates- cumulative ones for 1903. They keep trying to install, tying up my computer for hours and still don't install. I have read some of the articles on this but don't want to make this...
  8. no internet, secured over and over again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet, secured over and over again: when i connect my laptop to any wifi connection, it will connect and the internet will work for a bit, but then the internet will stop working and it will say “no internet, secured.” i have to disconnect and reconnect for it to work again. (only for a few minutes though)...
  9. "USB Device Not Recognized" error over and over and over again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "USB Device Not Recognized" error over and over and over again: This has happened to me before after a major Windows update. I am running Windows 10 and I am getting the error message "USB Device Not Recognized" as a pop up and an audible (super annoying) sound every minute. The last time it happened it was my printer. I ended up...
  10. starting over again, with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    starting over again, with W10: Just got new HP W10 laptop back from HP repair. Now I have to start over. I'm not good at this stuff, and I got real confused before on here. It has this "edge" browser. I want the IE, and have it open to m y yahoo email homepage. It seems to be a major issue just to do a...