Windows 10: Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Discus and support Remove User Account Picture Followup Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before

@Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately following

@tracit99 instructions

followed by @Ten Forward 's comments?

TIA.Win ver 1803.

Remove User Account Picture

:)

phaedruspress, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 19, 2018
  3. 2 part question......Removing an account AND.....changing a profile Picture

Hi Carl,

The account that you’re seeing on the login screen of your Windows 10 PC can be removed from the
    Settings or using an elevated Command Prompt. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the account by following the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts.
    • For Windows versions 1607 and 1703, click the Family & other users.
    • For version 1709, click Family & other people.
    • Select the account that you want to delete, click Remove, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

You may also use the Command Prompt to delete the account by proceeding with these steps:

• Click Start, type Command Prompt, right-click on the program and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type net user and press Enter. It will show the list of accounts on your computer.
    • On the Command Prompt window, enter this command: net user (User account) /delete and press
      Enter. (Example: net user /delete).
    • Once you’re done, this process will automatically remove the account from your computer.

Note: Before doing these steps, restart your PC to make sure that the account that you want to delete is not currently signed in. Additionally, you may be prompted for an administrator password and confirmation of the changes that require
    administrative rights. Provide the password and confirm to proceed. Please make sure that you follow the steps with care to avoid any issue.

Furthermore, you may change the account photo on your PC by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    change your account picture. Once you’re on the page, you may
    proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to change the image on your user profile.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

1. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question - Similar Threads - Remove User Account

2. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  3. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  4. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. User Account Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Pictures: Excuse me, I have a problem after upgrading to windows 10 v2004 19041.508. I cant change my user account picture. How do I solve this ? Need help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-pictures/a42fae3f-c7ce-444e-95da-cee6fac71788
  6. User Account Picture

User Account Picture: Help! My User account (manage account, select picture) shows 2 pics to the right of the pic I have already selected. I have no idea where one of them came from & the other is a photo I just took, but I can't find its location on my computer. I want to delete these 'extra'...
  7. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  8. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  9. Remove User Account Picture

Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  10. How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10

How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10: So I have no problem with my name showing when I need to log in with my password but the User Account Picture "icon" (see attached pic) messes up the custom background picture I am using and I want to get rid of it. A Google search came up with lots of info but the first...