Windows 10: Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

Discus and support Remove user account picture on lock-screen. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EyeInTheSky, May 29, 2019.

1. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working.

This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow:

Remove user account picture on lock-screen. [​IMG]

I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread before; but now Microsoft has somehow devised a way to hide where the logo picture is located on the system ---------- here is that thread I am talking about:

Remove User Account Picture

I have even deleted the accounts SID folder that was empty anyhow, and it still didn't make a difference as outlined here:

How to Change or Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10 / 8 | Password Recovery

Anyone know where to look for additional .png images to delete so the logo disappears from the lock-screen?

:)

EyeInTheSky, May 29, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 29, 2019
  3. User Acc. Picture on Lock Screen

Hi Sifu,

This error typically occurs if your copy of Windows is not activated or is non-genuine. If Windows is genuine and activated, I suggest that you follow the steps provided below to rectify the issue:

• Navigate to the following folder in the File Explorer window:
      C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account. There are
      guest.bmp (448×448 px.), guest.png (448×448 px.),
      user.bmp (448×448 px.), user.png (448×448 px.),
      user-40.png (40×40 px.) and user-200.png (200×200 px.) pictures.
    • Replace the default ones with the image you want to use as user account picture using the same format and size.
    • Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 29, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

Opening screen picture

Hi Sharon,

You can customize the settings of the lock screen and desktop screen background picture in the Pesonalization page of Settings. You can also change the profile picture that you're seeing on the log-in screen in the Accounts page of Settings. Just to clarify,
    are you referring to the desktop screen, the lock screen, or the profile picture of your user account?

To change the background picture of the lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Lock screen.
    • Under Choose your picture, you can select from the default list of photos or you can click on
      Browse if you want to select the photo that you want.

You can change the background picture of the desktop by following the same steps above but instead of choosing lock screen, select
    Background.

You can replace the profile picture of your user account by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Your info.
    • Under Create your picture, choose Browse for one to see choose the profile photo that you want.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

1. Remove user account picture on lock-screen. - Similar Threads - Remove user account

2. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  3. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  4. Removing the lock screen background picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  5. Lock screen account picture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lock screen account picture: Hey there. I updated my Windows 10 two days ago. Today, I logged into my Outlook account and updated my account picture. That was done but I don't know why the picture that I used months ago suddenly popped up into my lock screen account picture and in my PC too. I thought...
  6. Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen: Greetings, I hope this finds you all well. I tried switching to internal graphics on my new machine. I removed the dedicated graphics card, as I am getting another, and I wanted to send the current one back before the new one arrives. I had nothing but grief after removing...
  7. Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen: Greetings, I hope this finds you all well. I tried switching to internal graphics on my new machine. I removed the dedicated graphics card, as I am getting another, and I wanted to send the current one back before the new one arrives. I had nothing but grief after removing...
  8. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  9. Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 A user's sign-in screen by default in Windows 10. This tutorial will show you how to remove the user account picture on the sign-in...
  10. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...