Windows 10: Remove user account

Discus and support Remove user account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ErikaSaucedo1, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Remove user account

How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed mine. Every thing I've tried or been assisted in requires administrative command privileges. What do I do?

:)

ErikaSaucedo1, Sep 20, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 20, 2021
  3. trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Remove user account

remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Remove user account

1. Remove user account - Similar Threads - Remove user account

2. removing a local user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing a local user account: I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-local-user-account/87ea0603-d0fd-4375-a12b-a2b6f0a80b27
  3. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  4. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  5. Removing User Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing User Accounts: I have an old laptop I'd like to give to a family member, which has one user account mine. If I create another administrator account for my son, then log in with the new account and delete my own, will the deletion of my data on the laptop delete files currently...
  6. Remove User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove User accounts: I have two user accounts I would like to delete-- Administrator and guest. When I go through the process in setting etc. these accounts do not show up. So I can not delete them. There must be another way to do this. Bottom line is I can add accounts but there is not a easy...
  7. Remove user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account: [ATTACH]I have accidentally added my own email to a new account and now I can't get rid of it, even though it's disabled. PS.: I have tried Win + R > control userpasswords2 and then removing it, but it doens't show up. ***Modified title from: Control of users***...
  8. Remove user account

Remove user account: I have 2 users on my laptop and I want to remove one of them. I've looked it up and it says to go to settings go to the account and press remove, but, there is not a remove button, only block. I went onto my microsoft account and tried to too remove from family and when I do,...
  9. Removing unused user accounts

Removing unused user accounts: I created an extra account on my computer to help solve a Windows 10 problem, on the advice of someone at MS or in the MS Community. The problem is gone, but the extra account remains. We didn't discuss how to delete the account, but it appears in File Manager but not under...
  10. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...