Windows 10: Remove user folder

Discus and support Remove user folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, after following this steps to change the name of the user's folder (https://superuser.com/a/1346983), I still have the old folder with the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/corzounai, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Remove user folder

Hello, after following this steps to change the name of the user's folder (https://superuser.com/a/1346983), I still have the old folder with the old name. This is the content of it: AppData > Local > NBClipboard > NaturalBase and three files inside this one: naturalbase_155058201, naturalbase_155058201.db-shm and naturalbase_155058201.db-wal. Why even if I try to delete the entire folder it does reapear again?

Thanks,

submitted by /u/corzounai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/corzounai, Sep 6, 2020

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Remove user folder 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 6, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Remove user folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Remove user folder

1. Remove user folder - Similar Threads - Remove user folder

2. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  3. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  4. How to remove a user folder from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user folder from desktop: Hello,After updating my windows to the newest version, a desktop icon was created with the folder which is normally found in C:\UsersThis folder cannot be manually deleted. How can I remove it? Note that the same folder is also found in C:\Users but the one in desktop is not...
  5. Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User: Hello,I deleted an account on my laptop using the Control Panel but the user's folder under C://Users still remains. I was able to delete all the folder's contents with the exception of a few hidden files. A different error pops up every time I try to delete the entire folder...
  6. Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User: Hello,I deleted an account on my laptop using the Control Panel but the user's folder under C://Users still remains. I was able to delete all the folder's contents with the exception of a few hidden files. A different error pops up every time I try to delete the entire folder...
  7. OneDrive - Removing & Not Synching User Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Removing & Not Synching User Folders: How do I get OneDrive to stop synching user folders and remove those folders from OneDrive?I only want on OneDrive the files I put there. I do not want OneDrive to synch with the user folders on my computer....
  8. Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Getta537 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3cbwj/is_it_safe_to_remove_my_unused_user_folder/
  9. Removing an old user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing an old user folder: Hi all, I had to re-install Windows 10 & it created a username folder "roysq" My old one was "roysquires" I have managed to create a new one, but cannot delete the old one "roysqu." If I delete the folder it just returns. I have tried Regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINNE >...
  10. Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing/renaming a user profile folder in C:\Users?: Just joined this forum recently, so this is my first post. Anyways, I've been looking online for a method to simply delete the folder of an old user profile in C:\Users. I have yet to come across a successful method. The message that appears when I try to delete the folder is...