Windows 10: Remove Viruses and malwares

Discus and support Remove Viruses and malwares in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JhalakBohara, May 14, 2020.

1. Remove Viruses and malwares

Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses?

:)

JhalakBohara, May 14, 2020

2. How to remove malwares and viruses in Windows 10 Home 64-bit?

hi joydeep sir how to remove malwares and viruses in windows 10 1703 64 bit home sl 64 bit,can u provide me steps all.

Original title: hi joydeep sir how to remove malwares and viruses in windows 10 1703 64 bit home sl 64 bit

JoydeepSarkar685, May 14, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, May 14, 2020
  4. Remove Viruses and malwares

Viruses and Malware

An anti-virus program alone does not provide comprehensive protection and cannot prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. Anti-virus software is
    inherently reactive...meaning it usually finds malware after a computer has been infected. Further, if you're dealing with

zero-day malware
    it's unlikely the anti-virus is going to detect anything. Anti-virus and anti-malware programs each
    perform different tasks as it relates to computer security and threat detection. Essentially, they look for and remove different types of malicious threats.

In simplistic terms, Anti-virus programs use massive databases with different scanning engines and detection methods to scan for infectious malware which includes

viruses
    worms
    Trojans
    rootkis
    and
    bots

Anti-malware programs use smaller databases and generally tend to focus more on
    adware,
    spyware,

unwanted toolbars
    browser hijackers
    potentially unwanted programs
    and
    potentially unsafe applications

Anti-virus and Anti-malware solutions with anti-exploitation
    features
    protect against
    zero-day malware
    drive-by downloads
    exploits
    and
    Exploit Kits

Therefore, you need both an anti-virus and an anti-malware solution for maximum protection.

Important Fact: Keep in mind that
    the user is the first and last line of defense and security is a constant effort to stay one step ahead of the bad guys. No amount of security software is going to defend against today's sophisticated malware writers for those who do not practice
    safe computing and stay informed. It has been proven time and again that the
    user is a more substantial factor
    (weakest link)
    in security than the architecture of the operating system or installed protection software.

Security begins with personal responsibility. Common sense, good security habits, safe surfing, understanding security and safe computing are essential to protecting yourself from malware infection.

quietman7 - MVP, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Remove Viruses and malwares

1. Remove Viruses and malwares - Similar Threads - Remove Viruses malwares

2. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  3. not able to remove virus/malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to remove virus/malware: not able to remove threats on my pc windows 10 windows security i’ve tried different antivirus including the windows one but won’t clear the thread i am aware it came from chrome extensions which i have removed hope you can help thankyou...
  4. not able to remove virus/malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help with virus/malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with virus/malware removal: Seems I've picked up a virus/malware when visiting a webpage yesterday. Mcafee warned me but went anyway, bad decision. Ran several scans afterwards but Mcafee doesn't pick up anything. Windows 10 starts and runs slow and browsing is also slow. Any help is greatly...
  6. Need help with virus/malware removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with virus/malware removal: Seems I've picked up a virus/malware when visiting a webpage yesterday. Mcafee warned me but went anyway, bad decision. Ran several scans afterwards but Mcafee doesn't pick up anything. Windows 10 starts and runs slow and browsing is also slow. Any help is greatly...
  7. Need help with virus/malware removal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Virus and Malware remove properly

Virus and Malware remove properly: Hello dear, My windows 10 device is effected by more and more virus with malware's. Kindly give me a solution to refresh my laptop. Regards @emraan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-malware-remove-properly/82b42754-e6c1-44a9-9a18-1d02e547db74
  9. Malware/Virus Removal

Malware/Virus Removal: I ran my command prompt through the advanced start up option to find malware or infected files in my system. The command prompt I ran was as follows: 1. C: 2. -s -h -r /s /d *.* 3. dir I received multiple access denied notifications along with numerous “The target...
  10. Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware: Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and offline. It initially took downloaded software from Brother website, and Kindle app from Amazon website and installed them on a...