Windows 10: Remove wife's account.

Discus and support Remove wife's account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my wife has her own PC now. I'm trying to free up space on my PC. If I remove her from my PC through the family settings, will that cause problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KorbiasC, May 29, 2021.

1. KorbiasC Win User

Remove wife's account.

So my wife has her own PC now. I'm trying to free up space on my PC. If I remove her from my PC through the family settings, will that cause problems for her account on her PC?

:)

KorbiasC, May 29, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 29, 2021
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 29, 2021
  4. Remove wife's account.

Windows mail app opens for me but not my wife on the same computer?

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As Mail and Calendar app are not accessible for your wife account, I suggest you to log-in with the wife account and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows
      key, type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

If the issue still persist then try the below,

Method 2:

You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows
      key, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Remove wife's account.

1. Remove wife's account. - Similar Threads - Remove wife's account

2. removing Ex wife off my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing Ex wife off my account: I am attempting to remove my ex-wife off my Family Safety account. I am the owner of the account. She is listed as a Family Organizer. When I tried remove her it tell me toclick on "Remove Consent" for this member under options. When I click on their options it doesn't have...
  3. removing Ex wife off my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing Ex wife off my account: I am attempting to remove my ex-wife off my Family Safety account. I am the owner of the account. She is listed as a Family Organizer. When I tried remove her it tell me toclick on "Remove Consent" for this member under options. When I click on their options it doesn't have...
  4. wife

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wife: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%BD%A0%E5%A5%BD/7f45c485-3c80-4c68-a17c-f69f4631f2fc
  5. wife

wife: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%BD%A0%E5%A5%BD/7f45c485-3c80-4c68-a17c-f69f4631f2fc
  6. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  7. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  8. Wife's Account Appears Corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wife's Account Appears Corrupted: To Whom it May Concern: My Wife's account on my home computer appears corrupted. It take forever to log into her account. The icons take forever to load, as well as the icons on the bottom bar i.e., the internet connection tab. When it does load, when you start using it,...
  9. My wife is on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My wife is on my account: Microsoft want allow my wife to use Office 365 on our computer. It seems to have as needing an account in her name???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-is-on-my-account/e5b78438-b155-4545-80b6-347833b83c4e"
  10. Open an account for my wife

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Open an account for my wife: I have tried to find a way to open an extra account for my wife but all links just open my existing account and the only link on there is to add any existing accounts I might have...