Windows 10: Remove win 10 from dual boot

Discus and support Remove win 10 from dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have Windows 7/10 dual boot which I understand is not strictly permitted under Microsoft terms. The November update is not working for me, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ms007es, Nov 18, 2015.

1. ms007es Win User

Remove win 10 from dual boot

Hi. I have Windows 7/10 dual boot which I understand is not strictly permitted under Microsoft terms.
    The November update is not working for me, I am getting the watchdog_violation message with no fault codes to help.
    I have decided to stay with Windows 7 until Microsoft sort Windows 10 out properly, and then do a clean install.
    So my question is, if I delete Windows 10 now, will a fresh install in future be recognised as activated. (The existing Win 10 installation IS activated.)

:)

ms007es, Nov 18, 2015

2. How can I remove win7 with removing the boot screen. It was boot.ini file before.

I have a dual boot PC. Win 10 and win 7. How can I remove win7 with removing the boot screen. It was boot.ini file before.

Abdelmonem Kamel, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Micode Win User
    Remove Dual Boot Setup "Windows 7 and Windows 8.1" Upgraged Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Hello everyone, I have a problem;

I'm running a Dual Boot Setup "Win 7 and Win 8.1" then I proceeded to upgrade Win 8.1 to Win 10. Now my current setup is still dual boot, Windows 7 and Windows 10. I'm satisfied with Windows 10 and want to Remove, Uninstall or Delete Win 7.

Can someone help ? without me having to NUKE my system and Reinstall.

Regards,

Micode, Nov 18, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

As long as it is the same version of Windows 10 (IE: Home or Pro) on the same computer, yes.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Remove win 10 from dual boot - Similar Threads - Remove dual boot

2. Win 10 crashed and stopped booting from Dual boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 crashed and stopped booting from Dual boot.: Hi, I'm trying to sort out a boot issue with Windows 10 from a Dual boot system. Win 10 had been running fine for about a year and one morning I tried to wake it from sleep mode and it crashed. When the PC failed to reboot I loaded up Win 7 and it wanted to scan my Win 10...
  3. Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10: I have problem related to setting up a dual boot. i am running Windows version 20H2 . When I tried to install windows on a partition using the latest Windows 10 USB installation, the setup continually rebooted after copying the installation files. I tried several times and...
  4. win 10 dual boot

win 10 dual boot: Running win 7 want to set up win10 in Partition. bought win 10 cd but it wants to overwrite win 7 rather then install in separate partition. I have the key etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-dual-boot/e592c47b-19de-4d84-9df2-7b9c6bb4aed9
  5. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  6. Dual boot remove

Dual boot remove: Hi ...anyone help me to remove window 10 and kali dual boot...i want only windows 10 [ Moved from: Mobile devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Other/Unknown ]...
  7. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  8. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  9. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  10. Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10

Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10: Hello Im not sure which would be the best way to do this, Google is good most of the time but I am getting nowhere apart from getting more stress and a headache. I have Win XP with SP2 already loaded and set up just right on a sata drive, Ive bought a new motherboard,...