Windows 10: remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive

Discus and support remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have M.2 nvme ssd . external drive, which had window 10. i manage to 1 diskpart, 2 list disk, 3 select disk # and 4 clean. now when i am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by govindpatel_851, Aug 5, 2022.

1. remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive

I have M.2 nvme ssd . external drive, which had window 10. i manage to 1 diskpart, 2 list disk, 3 select disk # and 4 clean. now when i am trying to move forward to "create partition primary". i get message " wrong function" i can see this drive which is conected via usb c cabel as external drive. here i see the drive as disk 1 . as "unknown" disk 'not initialized" when i right click drope window list offline, properties and help. it will not allow me to bring the drive online. it says incorrect function. How can i use this disk as new ssd?

:)

govindpatel_851, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Wilian M. Win User
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2

obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was still connected, but windows was 100% installed on m.2, is there any way I can set m.2 as primary? (when i removed the ssd sata it did not recognize windows)

Sorry for my bad English

https://i.imgur.com/oUFEEOp.png

Wilian M., Aug 5, 2022
  4. JonGrimes Win User

remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive

External SATA3 SSD to USB (512GB Crucial MX100 SSD) showing up as a Hard drive in Windows 10 Defragment and optimize drives?

Hi Anup,

Thanks again for your response, suggesting a Windows 10 System Restore &/or using the file history to restore files.

I have been using the Windows 10 file history feature & backing up my files to the external 512GB Crucial MX100

SATA3 to USB 3.0 SSD ever since installing the full retail version of Windows 10 Home 64-bit USB Flash UEFI onto

my ASUS G751JY notebooks' 512GB OEM Samsung SM951 PCIe (AHCI) M.2 OS SSD.

I've never tried using the Windows 10 file history feature to restore files and also have never attempted to use

the system restore feature. I'll let you know if either method successfully fixes the issue of getting the Windows 10

Defragment and Optimize drives to correctly list the external 512GB Crucial MX100 SATA3 to USB 3.0 SSD as an SSD

(and not as a hard disc drive).

I believe the event occurred after the last Windows 10 update because I recall the drive being listed correctly as an SSD

after initially clean installing Windows 10.

Take care Anup,

Jon Grimes

JonGrimes, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive

1. remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive - Similar Threads - remove window external

2. Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure: Hello all,I have a Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with Windows 11 installed. I recently purchased a WD_Black 1tb SSD to upgrade from the SK Hyinx 256gb that came installed. Western Digital offers Acronis True Image software to clone the drives for free. In the Acronis instructions...
  3. Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't boot from external m.2 SSD in enclosure: Hello all,I have a Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with Windows 11 installed. I recently purchased a WD_Black 1tb SSD to upgrade from the SK Hyinx 256gb that came installed. Western Digital offers Acronis True Image software to clone the drives for free. In the Acronis instructions...
  4. remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive: I have M.2 nvme ssd . external drive, which had window 10. i manage to 1 diskpart, 2 list disk, 3 select disk # and 4 clean. now when i am trying to move forward to "create partition primary". i get message " wrong function" i can see this drive which is conected via usb c...
  5. remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove window 10 from external m.2 ssd drive: I have M.2 nvme ssd . external drive, which had window 10. i manage to 1 diskpart, 2 list disk, 3 select disk # and 4 clean. now when i am trying to move forward to "create partition primary". i get message " wrong function" i can see this drive which is conected via usb c...
  6. M.2 SSD in external bay

M.2 SSD in external bay: I have been using FX6300 machine for over 8 years and decided to build a new one with 5600X. My problem is with the two M.2 SSD after moving to an external bay. The two M.2s are recognized and HD Tune indicates read speed of the M.2 is 2.5MB/sec . W10 installed on one of the...
  7. M.2 SSD in external bay

in Windows 10 Support
    M.2 SSD in external bay: I have been using FX6300 machine for over 8 years and decided to build a new one with RX5600X. My problem is with the two M.2 SSD after moving to an external bay. Only one of the two M.2s is recognized and HD Tune indicates read speed is 2.5MB/sec . I have been using U.2 SSDs...
  8. ?M.2 or ssd

?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  9. Windows from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows from SSD to M.2: I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs?? submitted by /u/Fiffty_five [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewqm64/windows_from_ssd_to_m2/
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...