Windows 10: Remove Windows 10 S mode without Microsoft account?

Discus and support Remove Windows 10 S mode without Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to set up a new acer for my mom, and trying to get it out of S mode. I don’t want to create a Microsoft account (and can’t have her create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pjk922, Dec 12, 2020.

1. /u/pjk922 Win User

Remove Windows 10 S mode without Microsoft account?

I’m trying to set up a new acer for my mom, and trying to get it out of S mode. I don’t want to create a Microsoft account (and can’t have her create one because it’s a Christmas gift). I’ve created a local account, but to run the “exit windows S mode” applications in the store, you NEED a Microsoft account.

I’ve also tried following another users suggestion to disable safe boot mode, to no effect. Anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/pjk922
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pjk922, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Remove Windows 10 S mode without Microsoft account? :(

Zakin, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove Windows 10 S mode without Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Remove mode without

2. Windows 10 WITHOUT S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 WITHOUT S Mode: I am wondering what Windows 10 Home or Pro has a version without S mode. I am having issues installing my printers and the only solution I have been able to discover is upgrading to a version without the S mode.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Paula...
  3. Windows 10 WITHOUT S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 WITHOUT S Mode: I am wondering what Windows 10 Home or Pro has a version without S mode. I am having issues installing my printers and the only solution I have been able to discover is upgrading to a version without the S mode.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Paula...
  4. Windows 10 WITHOUT S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Disable S mode without a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable S mode without a Microsoft account.: I have a lot of computers that come in and they are not all assigned to someone so therefore no Microsoft account. These machines are for remoting purposes only and we do not wish to link any email information on them. We will not be using any other account to disable S Mode....
  6. Disable S mode without a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable S mode without a Microsoft account.: I have a lot of computers that come in and they are not all assigned to someone so therefore no Microsoft account. These machines are for remoting purposes only and we do not wish to link any email information on them. We will not be using any other account to disable S Mode....
  7. Disable S mode without a Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows S Mode without Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows S Mode without Microsoft store: Hi I was just wondering if there is anyway to remove Windows S Mode without the Microsoft store? My system administratorschool has the store blocked. If anyone could help that would be great as this is a computer i bought myself, not through the school. Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 S mode without store?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S mode without store?!: Dear community I bought recently a Lenovo laptop which came preinstalled with windows 10 home in s mode. I switched out of s mode through the Microsoft store. After some time I reset my laptop to get rid of all the apps used and that it should go back to the status of like a...
  10. Remove user account Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove user account Windows 10 S Mode: Hello, I just purchased an Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode. As a test I created a second user account and would now like to delete that user account. The instructions for Windows 10 are very clear. Unfortunately, they don't seem to apply to Windows 10 S Mode. Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 s mode disable without microsoft account

2. switch out of s mode without microsoft account

3. disable windows s mode without microsoft account

4. switch out of s mode without login,
  5. disable windows s mode without account,
  6. switch out of s mode windows 10 without microsoft account,
  7. windows 10 s deactivate without account,
  8. how to switch out of s mode without account,
  9. win 10 home s version disable without account,
  10. diqabl windows s mode without acvount,
  11. exit s mode without account