Windows 10: Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft"

Discus and support Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've added Firefox as my default browser in Windows 10, but now I get a message every time I boot about using the recommended browser. I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by das-eng, Jun 15, 2019.

1. das-eng Win User

Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft"

Hi,

I've added Firefox as my default browser in Windows 10, but now I get a message every time I boot about using the recommended browser. I'd like to remove this message if possible. Here is the message:

Try the browser recommended by Microsoft to make the most of windows 10

I've also attached a photo of the message as seen after rebooting Windows 10 Pro.

David

Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft" 88211515-dedf-4dbb-bf54-332704bdbecd?upload=true.jpg

:)

das-eng, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jun 15, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft" wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Remove Windows 10 startup message "browser recommended by Microsoft" - Similar Threads - Remove startup message

2. Microsoft Recommended Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Recommended Browser: Why at the top of this page tells me to try browser recommended by Microsoft when I already use it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-recommended-browser/667add70-932a-4110-adba-0fdd3385c162
  3. Browser recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser recommendations: I use Brave browser. Every time I visit a Microsoft webpage I get a bar across the top of the page asking me to switch my default browser to Microsoft Edge. I will not switch my browser to Microsoft Edge. How do I get these pages to quit asking me to switch every time I...
  4. How to remove the "web browser restore recommended" nag in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the "web browser restore recommended" nag in settings: so i change settings often and every time i open the app this nag comes to greet me. is there any registry tweak to get rid of the nagware? i get why they want to push bing onto their users but why edge too? its based off chromium so i dont get it....
  5. Microsoft now has recommendation for Edge browser in the taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now has recommendation for Edge browser in the taskbar: Following advertisements being run on Outlook website, Start Menu, and Windows Search, Microsoft is now adding advertisement or recommendation for Chromium Edge to the Windows 10’s Taskbar. If you’re running Windows 10 October 2020 Update and Chromium Edge is pinned to the...
  6. Is there a way to remove the 'Microsoft Edge: New Microsoft recommended browser' at the top...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove the 'Microsoft Edge: New Microsoft recommended browser' at the top...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IlliterateJedi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwjn6t/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_microsoft_edge_new/
  7. Browser recommendations

in Browsers and Email
    Browser recommendations: IE11 is being supported by less & less websites, so at times, I've been using Edge. I don't like using Edge, I find it less customizable, heard & read that it's not as secure as many other browsers & throws messages & warnings at me from time to time even though I've told it...
  8. Microsoft confirms it has recommended Edge browser in Windows 10 preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms it has recommended Edge browser in Windows 10 preview builds: A report yesterday revealed that Microsoft is planning to recommend Edge browser on Windows 10 in an aggressive way. But as expected, this is just an experiment for time being and it won’t be included in the public version of Windows 10. The new recommendation or suggestion...
  9. Microsoft is reportedly testing a new way to recommend Edge browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing a new way to recommend Edge browser in Windows 10: Ads or suggestions in Windows 10 have become a never-ending saga and while Microsoft still promotes its apps in the Store, the company is learning from its own mistakes. We recently reported that software giant was using a different approach to promote built-in Windows 10...
  10. Action Recommended message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Action Recommended message: The Windows Security has been displaying actions recommended for about a week but there is no area behind the tab that has an action needed How do I get rid of the message or locate what is causing it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the browser recommended by microsoft