Remove Windows 10 Upgrade (via Windows Update) Option.

Discus and support Remove Windows 10 Upgrade (via Windows Update) Option. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 7 SP1 [ Genuine ]. My upgrade to windows 10 is ready via windows update but i don't want to install it. Any idea how to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sidewinder57, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sidewinder57 Win User

Hi,
    I am using Windows 7 SP1 [ Genuine ]. My upgrade to windows 10 is ready via windows update but i don't want to install it. Any idea how to remove this option so that normal system updates can be install.
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

:)

Sidewinder57, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Option via Windows Update

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

This notification is for free upgrade to Windows 10. However if you want to stop this notification, you can follow the methods below and check.

Method 1:Uninstall the Windows
    Update as follow:

Remove the Windows update
    KB 3035583

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Rename the GWXUXWorker.exe

Terminate the GWX.exe process using Task Manager. Moreover rename the
    GWXUXWorker.exe and GWX.exe to .old as suffix from directory location:-

Windows\System32\GWX, if getting any issues while renaming then give the system permission's to respective files and then try to rename it again. OR you can delete the entire directory folder.

[​IMG]

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3: Registry key to stop the notification
    :-

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.

• In the Open field, type regedit.

• Click OK.

• Click Yes on the User Account Control (if prompted).

• Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Gwx

• Right click.

• Click Modify.

• In the Value data: field,
      dword:00000001.

• Click OK.

• Exit Registry Editor.

Important this method contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 5, 2015
  3. LatrishaMatson Win User
    Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Option via Windows Update

I have windows 8.1 and tried all 3 of those methods and it still won't stop sending me this

[​IMG]

HOW CAN I MAKE IT STOP?

LatrishaMatson, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Remove Windows 10 Upgrade (via Windows Update) Option. - Similar Threads - Remove Upgrade via

1. Windows 10 Upgrade icon on desktop. Remove?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Upgrade icon on desktop. Remove?: I manually upgraded to the W10 anniversary upgrade. Since then I have a "Windows10 Upgrade" shortcut icon on my desktop from the file "Windows10UpgraderApp.exe" in the C:\Windows10Upgrade folder. Now that the upgrade is all done and history, do I still need this icon or...
  2. Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!!: Unfortunately I upgraded to Win 10 Creator's version not knowing that it removed the option to resize font size in icons and other elements. Is there a way to get this back?? Maybe through a registry tweak or something? I shouldve never upgraded knwing this stupidity was...
  3. Win 10 Creator Upgrade removes firefox/thunderbird/chrome taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Creator Upgrade removes firefox/thunderbird/chrome taskbar icon: Greetings, My system installed the Creator Upgrade yesterday and since that time the task bar icons for Thunderbird, Firefox (54), Firefox (Nightly) and google Chrome will not survive a system reboot or windows explorer reset. I can repin them but they disappear after reboot....
  4. Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant: Really annoying, windows 10 launches its upgrade assistant every few days as soon as it gets online. I kill it with task manager and uninstall it, and it goes back after a few days. How do i completely kill it, remove it, uninstall it? And no, i choose when or should i like...
  5. Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Option via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Option via Windows Update: Hi, I am using Windows 7 SP1 [ Genuine ]. My upgrade to windows 10 is ready via windows update but i don't want to install it. Any idea how to remove this option so that normal system updates can be install. Thanks. [img] 13247
  6. Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate: So I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Running an SSD and my old HDD. Migrated everything from HDD to SSD when i installed a long time ago. Since updating to windows 10 my add/remove program function no longer works - the list only populates with programs...
  7. New KB3184143 Update to Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Offer

in Windows 10 News
    New KB3184143 Update to Remove Windows 10 Upgrade Offer: This update removes the Get Windows 10 app and other software related to the Windows 10 free upgrade offer that expired on July 29, 2016. This update is available on Windows Update in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Source: Remove software related to the Windows 10 free...