Windows 10: Remove windows account.

Discus and support Remove windows account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If I delete an account from Windows 10 will it also get deleted from other computers which i have signed in with that account. Please Answer My... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rishab Singh, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Remove windows account.

If I delete an account from Windows 10 will it also get deleted from other computers which i have signed in with that account.

Please Answer My Question

THANK YOU

:)

Rishab Singh, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Remove windows account.

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Remove windows account. :(

Zakin, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Remove windows account.

1. Remove windows account. - Similar Threads - Remove account

2. Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...: I decided to transfer my windows 10 home RETAIL channel license to a new laptop, 1. before I bought a new laptop I removed my old device from my Microsoft account and uninstalled windows from the old laptop. The activation status on the old laptop showed that license was...
  3. Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...: I decided to transfer my windows 10 home RETAIL channel license to a new laptop, 1. before I bought a new laptop I removed my old device from my Microsoft account and uninstalled windows from the old laptop. The activation status on the old laptop showed that license was...
  4. Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  6. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  7. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  8. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  9. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....
  10. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....