Windows 10: remove windows image backup to another location

Discus and support remove windows image backup to another location in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello i have ASUS G731 GV .It has two drives.An ssd and an hdd.I have cretaed a windows image backup to hdd.I am thinking to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vasilisnikolo, Jun 23, 2021.

1. remove windows image backup to another location

Hello i have ASUS G731 GV .It has two drives.An ssd and an hdd.I have cretaed a windows image backup to hdd.I am thinking to copy paste to an extrenal usb stick.My question is if one will be accessible after tranferation.Can i restore it or should leave it to original location?Also i ahve the latest windows 10 build 19043.

:)

vasilisnikolo, Jun 23, 2021

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Image Backup Creation Fails

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is the computer connected to Domain/server network?

• Are you trying to backup on NAS?

I suggest you to remove and re add the network location and check.

To delete network, please follow the steps below:

1.Deletion of Network Location can be done fromThis pc. Right Click on the Network Location you want to delete and select Delete.

2.It will ask to confirm the deletion. Click Yes.

To add network, please follow the steps below:

1.Go to this pc and click on my computer.

2.click on add a network location.

3.Then follow on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Geekoid Win User

remove windows image backup to another location

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

remove windows image backup to another location

1. remove windows image backup to another location - Similar Threads - remove image backup

2. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive: I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm...
  3. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive: I need to move or copy a windows image backup from one drive to another, but I don't know how I could move or copy it properly and complete I tried to copy and paste before, but I don't trust it in transferring large files, so I tried to use a command called robocopy but I'm...
  4. Help in moving or copying a windows image backup to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  6. Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup: Hello,I was creating widows image backup and at the end it says:The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up.what should i do and the shrink space is 8GbOs info:Windows 10 Home 20h1Any solutions and can i use that...
  7. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  8. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  9. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  10. Windows 7 Image backup stuck on removed HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 7 Image backup stuck on removed HDD: Trying to do a system image using the Windows 7 backup function on a Windows 10 (1909) machine. When it opens it is stuck showing a drive that is no longer in the system. When I open the option to search for another drive, it searched 4 hours before I closed it. It won't let...