Windows 10: remove windows image backup to another location

Discus and support remove windows image backup to another location in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello i have ASUS G731 GV .It has two drives.An ssd and an hdd.I have cretaed a windows image backup to hdd.I am thinking to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vasilisnikolo, Jun 23, 2021.

1. remove windows image backup to another location

Hello i have ASUS G731 GV .It has two drives.An ssd and an hdd.I have cretaed a windows image backup to hdd.I am thinking to copy paste to an extrenal usb stick.My question is if one will be accessible after tranferation.Can i restore it or should leave it to original location?Also i ahve the latest windows 10 build 19043.

:)

vasilisnikolo, Jun 23, 2021

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Image Backup Creation Fails

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is the computer connected to Domain/server network?

• Are you trying to backup on NAS?

I suggest you to remove and re add the network location and check.

To delete network, please follow the steps below:

1.Deletion of Network Location can be done fromThis pc. Right Click on the Network Location you want to delete and select Delete.

2.It will ask to confirm the deletion. Click Yes.

To add network, please follow the steps below:

1.Go to this pc and click on my computer.

2.click on add a network location.

3.Then follow on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Geekoid Win User

remove windows image backup to another location

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

remove windows image backup to another location

1. remove windows image backup to another location - Similar Threads - remove image backup

2. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  3. Image Backup

Image Backup: I have successfully used Macrium Reflect in the past to create an image backup on a machine running Windows 8.1 that had Microsoft Office 2010 installed on it. I have recently bought a new computer running Windows 10 and have a a subscription to Office 365 on it. For some...
  4. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  5. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  6. Windows 7 Image backup stuck on removed HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 7 Image backup stuck on removed HDD: Trying to do a system image using the Windows 7 backup function on a Windows 10 (1909) machine. When it opens it is stuck showing a drive that is no longer in the system. When I open the option to search for another drive, it searched 4 hours before I closed it. It won't let...
  7. Backup... to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup... to another drive: So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder. I know I can just copy the folder each time I want to back it up but I was looking to see if there was an easy way to automate it without additional software. I do NOT...
  8. Another Location Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Another Location Issue: I've got a location issue that has not been resolved, or even presented, as far as I can tell. I had an activation issue a couple of months ago and had to call Microsoft. The support staff on the other end insisted that I was in the UK. I'm in the US. I've never had a...
  9. image backup?

image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  10. Image backup.

Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...