Windows 10: Remove Windows Phone From Devices & Drives??

Discus and support Remove Windows Phone From Devices & Drives?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Nothing major. But on my laptop, I have a 'Windows Phone' icon next to my DVD drive and hard-drive icon. The Windows Phone isn't even connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gelbs, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Gelbs Win User

Remove Windows Phone From Devices & Drives??

Nothing major. But on my laptop, I have a 'Windows Phone' icon next to my DVD drive and hard-drive icon. The Windows Phone isn't even connected anymore, and was wondering how I get rid of the icon? Looked in the devices folder, but it isn't listed.

:)

Gelbs, Jul 6, 2016
  2. grayburn Win User

Remove "Albums" & Artists from Phone Music Player

http://www.n95users.com/forum/general-95/16716-removing-albums-artists-music-player.html

Try the link above, the site is for the N95 but the method works apparently.........whats below is what is at the link above.

Connect the phone to your pc/lappy and put in 'Data transfer' mode.

Find the memory card storage device in My Computer and go to the 'Private' folder.

Delete the contents of folders 101ffc31 & 101ffca9 (mpxv1.mpd,pcv5.mpd & harvesterdb.dat)

Disconnect the phone from the PC using 'Safely remove hardware' bottom right of the taskbar then start Music Player on the phone.

It'll rebuild the library but select 'Refresh' in the options just to make sure.

grayburn, Jul 6, 2016
  3. grayburn Win User
    Remove "Albums" & Artists from Phone Music Player

Did you refresh after deleteing them?

grayburn, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Gelbs Win User

Also, when I double click on it, nothing happens. :/

Gelbs, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Remove Windows Phone From Devices & Drives?? - Similar Threads - Remove Phone Devices

2. Remove spam from Phone link that is not on phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove spam from Phone link that is not on phone: Have received 2 phishing pam messages on Phone Link supposedly from USPS. Spammer used phone number from UK. These texts do not appear on my phone, TG. How do I delete, or any texts using Phone Link? Is removing and reinstalling only option? Would like ability to delete any...
  3. Remove spam from Phone link that is not on phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove spam from Phone link that is not on phone: Have received 2 phishing pam messages on Phone Link supposedly from USPS. Spammer used phone number from UK. These texts do not appear on my phone, TG. How do I delete, or any texts using Phone Link? Is removing and reinstalling only option? Would like ability to delete any...
  4. How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer: These seem redundant to have these displayed next to each other. I always use the left hand column instead. Why click "> Folder" when the contents are already displayed? Is there a way to remove/hide these from the file explorer main panel? 181055
  5. How to remove path from "This PC" - "Devices and drives"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove path from "This PC" - "Devices and drives": I use citrix workspace and once I logged into my windows 10 PC, it created a drive option here mapped to my local machine outside citrix. This doesn't work anymore as I disabled permissions for read/write. But this option is still showing and throws an error if I open it. How...
  6. How to remove unwanted phone devices from "This PC"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove unwanted phone devices from "This PC"?: Please help me how to remove these "Yellow" marked devices from "This PC". Note : My original Windows version is Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then currently having Windows 10. So most of these devices were installed while having previous versions of...
  7. removing a phone from Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing a phone from Your Phone app: My "Your Phone" app is linked to a phone I no longer own. How do I unlink that phone and link to my current phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-phone-from-your-phone-app/8dbe6fbb-5698-455b-bfe7-8e7de7b28956
  8. Removing Hard Drive from device safely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Hard Drive from device safely!: I can't remove my hdd without formatting, It's always showing the device is currently in use. I've tried restarting windows explorer from task management, uninstalling/disabling the drive from device manager, restarting the system, but nothing works. The hdd drive H isn't...
  9. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  10. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...