Windows 10: Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar

Discus and support Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I already uninstall the WORDPAD from my PC but I can still see it from my search bar and when I type word it only shows WORDPAD instead of MICROSOFT... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Arjel Bautista, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar

I already uninstall the WORDPAD from my PC but I can still see it from my search bar and when I type word it only shows WORDPAD instead of MICROSOFT WORD. Is there a way to remove this WORDPAD not just in computer but also in the search bar, This happens after I reset my PC

:)

Arjel Bautista, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Geethu B Win User

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 28, 2023
  3. namitakrs Win User
    WordPad issue

I like to suggest you some steps as per my last experience follow these:
    Click -> Start menu -> type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar-> search and click on the result. -> open WordPad.
    If you’re find difficulty to open WordPad,
    the Press -> Windows + R key -> type ‘Write’ -> hit enter.
    You will WordPad application launching on the
    screen.
    or
    Navigate this path C:\windows\system32\ you will see a ‘write’ (File).
    The application is here now.

Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar 309264d1607152524t-wordpad-issue-wordpad.png

or
    Just run an Office repair sofwtare to check if there will be any changes on the Word pad.

namitakrs, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar

1. Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar - Similar Threads - Remove WordPad computer

2. Microsoft is removing WordPad from Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is removing WordPad from Windows: When it comes to opening text documents on Windows devices, users have the choice between the plain text editor Notepad and WordPad, a text editor that supports rich text format features. Many Windows users open plain text files, those with the .txt extension, in Notepad,...
  3. Was Wordpad removed from Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was Wordpad removed from Win11?: Was Wordpad removed from Windows 11?If I search my computer for "Wordpad", I get no results. I found "wordpad.exe" in one of the "C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-wordpad...." folders, but when I try to run it, I get an alert telling me, "This app can't run on your...
  4. Was Wordpad removed from Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was Wordpad removed from Win11?: Was Wordpad removed from Windows 11?If I search my computer for "Wordpad", I get no results. I found "wordpad.exe" in one of the "C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-wordpad...." folders, but when I try to run it, I get an alert telling me, "This app can't run on your...
  5. Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar: I already uninstall the WORDPAD from my PC but I can still see it from my search bar and when I type word it only shows WORDPAD instead of MICROSOFT WORD. Is there a way to remove this WORDPAD not just in computer but also in the search bar, This happens after I reset my PC...
  6. Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove WordPad from computer and Search Bar: I already uninstall the WORDPAD from my PC but I can still see it from my search bar and when I type word it only shows WORDPAD instead of MICROSOFT WORD. Is there a way to remove this WORDPAD not just in computer but also in the search bar, This happens after I reset my PC...
  7. delete/remove a document from wordpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete/remove a document from wordpad?: How to remove a single document from the 'recent documents' list in windows 10 wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteremove-a-document-from-wordpad/4d2ef8ce-6a38-4f59-9985-291e2b58f9a2
  8. Remove bing from file explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove bing from file explorer search bar: Ever since an update I lost the ability to just type for a search, now it forces me to hit enter or click an irritating arrow and it looks like its searches for more than is in the folders. How do I change this back to just instant search. This is utterly irritating....
  9. Remove Chinese text from search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Chinese text from search bar: Can someone please help me remove the Chinese text from my search results in chrome Every time i search in chrome i get the result in English but there is always Chinese text as well Windows version 1909 build 18363.592 Chrome Version 79.0.3945 Please see screenshot...
  10. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...