Windows 10: Remove Work Account when i can't log in

Discus and support Remove Work Account when i can't log in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop from a job where the company no longer exists and I only ever logged in with my work account. Is it possible to reset this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottTruelove, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Remove Work Account when i can't log in

Hi,

I have a laptop from a job where the company no longer exists and I only ever logged in with my work account.

Is it possible to reset this computer so I can use it with a personal account?

:)

ScottTruelove, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Remove Work Account when i can't log in

An email set up was deleted... How do I removed it from my Computer?

Hi,

I suggest you to log into account.microsoft.com and check whether the account is listed there.

I also suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the account and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +R to open run command.
    • Type netplwiz.
    • In the dialogue box that appears. Select the account that you wish to remove.
    • Select remove.
    Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Remove Work Account when i can't log in

1. Remove Work Account when i can't log in - Similar Threads - Remove Account can't

2. I can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my account: Hello sir , I am a windows 11 user.There was a virus in my system , so I wanted to delete it and booted into safe mode and successfully deleted the file and it's associated files. However , when I restarted and tried to log into my account normally, it says my pin isn't...
  3. I can't log into my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into my account: Hello sir , I am a windows 11 user.There was a virus in my system , so I wanted to delete it and booted into safe mode and successfully deleted the file and it's associated files. However , when I restarted and tried to log into my account normally, it says my pin isn't...
  4. Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now: Hi, Microsoft. Long story short, I tried to make my PC have no password so when I log on it wouldn't annoy me. And the method I used was a command netplwiz to delete all users from my PC and I checked off the box that said "all users must enter with a password." Or something...
  5. Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now: Hi, Microsoft. Long story short, I tried to make my PC have no password so when I log in it wouldn't annoy me. And the method I used was a command netplwiz to delete all users from my PC and I checked off the need to enter with a password.The strange thing though is that as...
  6. Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now

Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now: Hi, Microsoft. Long story short, I tried to make my PC have no password so when I log in it wouldn't annoy me. And the method I used was a command netplwiz to delete all users from my PC and I checked off the need to enter with a password.The strange thing though is that as...
  7. Can't log into account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into account: After working well for years, suddenly after I logged into my acount I got thrown out after just a few seconds. I was sent back to the start/ log in page and have been receivung the following messeage ever since: "You can't sign in with this account. Try a different account"I...
  8. I can't remove an old Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove an old Work Account: Before, Im using my laptop for both work and personal so Ive added my work account on my laptop. Now that i'm not part of the company, i need to remove all contents related to them. I tried to remove the work account but there is no option on my end. If I go to accounts >...
  9. I can't remove an old Work Account

I can't remove an old Work Account: Before, Im using my laptop for both work and personal so Ive added my work account on my laptop. Now that i'm not part of the company, i need to remove all contents related to them. I tried to remove the work account but there is no option on my end. If I go to accounts >...
  10. Can't log into my account + touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into my account + touchpad not working: Hey! I need help. So I logged into my account on my laptop and my touchpad wasn't working. I therefore restarted my laptop only to find that now on top of that, I couldn't log into my account either. I tried startup repair but then the problem couldn't be fixed. Where do I go...