Windows 10: Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

Discus and support Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I repeatedly receive a login request when trying to access shared files or my OneNote account that tells me I have two accounts with the same email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KJHaley91, Sep 30, 2018.

1. KJHaley91 Win User

Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

I repeatedly receive a login request when trying to access shared files or my OneNote account that tells me I have two accounts with the same email address:

"It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use? Work or school account/Personal account"

I do not want to rename my personal Microsoft account. I would prefer to delete the Work or school account. However, when I go into settings, it does not even appear as an existent account. And, when I try to reset a password for the Work and school account, I receive the following message: "The user ID you entered does not exist."

So, is there a way to remove this account that appears not to exist so that I can use OneNote and receive shared documents without interference on both my laptop and my phone?

:)

KJHaley91, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 30, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

Remove personal Microsoft account and only use Office 365 & associated email

Hi,

To remove your Microsoft account without restoring your computer, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Your email and accounts.
    • Click on the account that you want to remove.
    • Click Delete account and data confirmation.

If you will delete the account and it's data, you will be unable to use the data and the files associated to the same account.

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

1. Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account - Similar Threads - Remove School Account

2. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  3. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  4. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Personal email address can't be used for work or school account."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Personal email address can't be used for work or school account.": I've never had a work or school account. Why does this appear occasionally and how do I fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-email-address-cant-be-used-for-work-or/12f71c01-a665-4ef9-8c9f-dc16721ff196
  6. Personal Email is not usable for Microsoft account, labelled as work/school email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Personal Email is not usable for Microsoft account, labelled as work/school email: A custom domain email seems to be an issue in lots of places. But I guess I would not have expected it from Microsoft. I have an old email address attached to my Microsoft account, one attached to two windows licenses. I have been attempting to change this login email to my...
  7. User with admin removed work school account only account is a personal 365 home account no...

User with admin removed work school account only account is a personal 365 home account no...: I have an HP pavilion that was loaded win 10 pro 64-bit and added to a work school domain with a few user accounts created /added to the laptop. It was also added to a Microsoft home account with non-admin privilege. Was that way for a cpl years. A user for work school...
  8. Access work or school & Email accounts

Access work or school & Email accounts: What is the difference in connecting a work or school account under "access work or school" tab in settings vs adding a work or school account under "Email & Accounts">"Accounts used by other apps" tabs in settings. They seem similar, but do they have different end points...
  9. Deleting a "work or school" email account

Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  10. Can't seem to remove work or school account from my "Email & Accounts"

Can't seem to remove work or school account from my "Email & Accounts": I left an organization but, the work or school account that i configured when I was with them seem to be stuck. I don't get the option to disconnect but just manage and then it asks for password, but obviously they locked me when I left and now every now and then i get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete work or school account

2. delete work or school account

3. It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?

4. it looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft,
  5. removing a work or school account,
  6. how to delete a work or school account,
  7. remove work or school account,
  8. windows 10 remove work or school account,
  9. remove a school account,
  10. it looks like this email account is used with more than one account from microsoft,
  11. it looks like this email is used with more than one account from microsoft. which one do you want to use,
  12. remove work account windows 10,
  13. how to delete a work or school email account,
  14. it looks like this email is used with more than one account,
  15. how to delete work or schol account