Windows 10: Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

Discus and support Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally "removed" my apple airpods from my PC, I meant to disconnect. I cannot find the device anymore. I went to Device Manager, then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeltaSpirit2, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

I accidentally "removed" my apple airpods from my PC, I meant to disconnect. I cannot find the device anymore. I went to Device Manager, then I downloaded a few third party applications, Ghostbuster and Devmanview, to try to find the airpods. I cannot find anything that resembles it. I do not know what to do- I am considering resetting my OS to factory setting. If there is a way I can mass readd all devices or something that would be a solution.

Please help

Thanks

:)

DeltaSpirit2, Oct 7, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager. What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

1. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager. - Similar Threads - Removed device cannot

2. cannot find carmera in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find carmera in device manager.: Trying to get the camera on my laptop to work. The computer just went out of warranty 2 days ago. Has **** Windows 11 been installed? Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-carmera-in-device-manager/eb19a38a-3924-4c1b-b23b-37bd94358863
  3. cannot find carmera in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find carmera in device manager.: Trying to get the camera on my laptop to work. The computer just went out of warranty 2 days ago. Has **** Windows 11 been installed? Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-carmera-in-device-manager/eb19a38a-3924-4c1b-b23b-37bd94358863
  4. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  5. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  6. Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager: Hi - I'm trying to access the device manager on a new(ish) laptop and it comes up with the "Windows cannot find specified device, path, or file" warning. I've run a search for "device manager" and its come up with a shortcut, which I can access. But I still can't access it...
  7. Cannot find "Generic Bluetooth adapter" on device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find "Generic Bluetooth adapter" on device manager: Hello, i am trying to install a CSR bluetooth adapter dongle. I installed the product's driver and it didn't work. Upon research on the internet, i found out that by going into device manager, clicking on the CSR driver, clicking "update drivers", then "Browse my computer...
  8. Unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) in Device Manager CANNOT be removed

Unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) in Device Manager CANNOT be removed: This has been another headache (beside the constant fan spinning noise). Recently my Wx has been forced to update from 1803 to 1903, then my WiFi/BT card is not working, I tried another WiFi/BT card, same! So rolled back to 1803. Since then I always got the title mentioned...
  9. I cannot find ports in device manager

I cannot find ports in device manager: I need a port to connect my weaving loom software to my AVL loom. On this computer, Lenovo ideapad 320 windows 10 the device manager does not list ports. All coms on my portchecker show unavailable. please help. how do I find a port?...
  10. Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager: In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera. But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices. [img] Where in Win10 can I enable and disable...