Windows 10: Removed apps link is dead

Discus and support Removed apps link is dead in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve just reset my pc, the removed app link appeared on my desktop and I opened it and the list was there. Great. About 15 minutes later I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Biomicrite, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Removed apps link is dead

I’ve just reset my pc, the removed app link appeared on my desktop and I opened it and the list was there. Great. About 15 minutes later I open the link again and it’s “File not found”. I didn’t delete anything, no idea why the link is now dead. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Biomicrite
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Biomicrite, Apr 13, 2021
  2. KeithXi Win User

Remove a dead Windows app

Removed apps link is dead b58aacb4-c144-44c6-ae47-4674787d80eb.jpg

Just like the pic above, a dead app in the app list of START menu; and another workable Insider Hub app meanwhile.

This "@{Microsoft.Windows.InsiderHub..." can not be unstalled, although no affection, just bad looking and feeling.

But I still want to remove it, any big master can tell me an idea...

KeithXi, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    DEAD APPS

Hi Tim,

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Community forum. In order for us to help you with your issue about two of your apps, kindly follow the troubleshooting methods suggested below:

To be able to fix issues with apps from Microsoft Store, you may follow the steps in this support link.

If that doesn't fix it, you may reset the Windows Store app by following these steps:

1. Click the Windows key from your keyboard.
    2. Type Settings and click it.
    3. Choose Apps.
    4. Choose Apps & features.
    5. Choose Microsoft Store.
    6. Click Advanced options.
    7. Click Reset.

Note:

Since the troubleshooting steps suggests resetting, kindly back up your files and data in your Windows Store app. to avoid any potential inconvenience.

Kindly reply for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Apr 13, 2021
  4. mdmike52 Win User

Removed apps link is dead

"All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

At some point my "All apps" button has stopped working. Clicking on it causes the apps list to flash very very briefly then dumps me back to home screen. Everything else seems to work OK.
    Anyone know where the links in that list of apps is stored? I'm thinking one of the links is broken causing the whole list to shut down, and if I remove links from the list one by one I can find it. That's the only thing I can think to try.
    Unfortunately no restore points exist and Repair tools like Startup Repair Etc. does not help.
    Any other Ideas / Suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

mdmike52, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Removed apps link is dead

1. Removed apps link is dead - Similar Threads - Removed apps link

2. Mini apps are dead.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini apps are dead.: Hello. Mini apps stopped working. When turned on, this appears and that's it. How to fix it? If I add a new category, for example games, it is displayed until I close the mini applications, then again this background and nothing loads. If important, I recently enabled...
  3. Mini apps are dead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini apps are dead.: Hello. Mini apps stopped working. When turned on, this appears and that's it. How to fix it? If I add a new category, for example games, it is displayed until I close the mini applications, then again this background and nothing loads. If important, I recently enabled...
  4. Removing all dead devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing all dead devices: Is there a utility that would clean up the device drive storage folder and remove the unused devices? There are hundreds of them and cannot do it manually. I am having USB printer installation problems, and it would be best is I start from the beginning. 179608
  5. Link to Windows is DEAD. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Link to Windows is DEAD. Help.: PC: Lenovo 330s on Windows 10 20H2 Phone: Galaxy S10+ It started with the phone not being able to sync. I literally tried everything. restarting both devices, making sure date/time was right, disabling metered connection on both devices, allowing notification access,...
  6. Cannot remove a dead link from My PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove a dead link from My PC: I no longer have system folders, ever since Microsoft removed the "system" designation from their default folders. But there remained a dead Pictures folder link (also marked as a system folder) attached on the branch between "My PC" and "C:\Drive". When clicked, it tells me...
  7. "check for updates" is a dead link

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "check for updates" is a dead link: when I click on search and type "check for updates", or "windows updates settings", I can't open the result. I click, and nothing happens. But if I go to "settings", and then to "update and security", it opens just fine. What is the matter with "check for updates", and...
  8. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  9. Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications

Remove "Dead Apps" from Notifications: I have the following in Notifications [img] I have uninstalled Screenshot Captor, I have run CCleaner over the Registry, I removed all traces of Screenshot Captor from the registry and I've rebooted - yet the Notification list still has those nine entries in for...
  10. Dead links on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead links on desktop: I have two sets of links on my desktop. One set acts exactly as they should, the other set is a mystery. They appeared spontaneously. I'd blame an upgrade, but I'm not sure. The other set, the dead links, cannot be dragged. Clicking on them does nothing. Resizing the desktop...