Windows 10: Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit

Discus and support Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I created another Microsoft account and made a family group with my main account, then I limited my screen time and disbanded the family group. Now I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TalhaKayar, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit

I created another Microsoft account and made a family group with my main account, then I limited my screen time and disbanded the family group. Now I have a screen limit but I can't cancel it because there is no longer a family group. What should I do ?

:)

TalhaKayar, Dec 19, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit

Pi hole breaks Microsoft Family Screen Time Limit time extension requests

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, which has stopped working after installing Raspberry PI and PI hole.

In this scenario, please refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Fix screen time limits not working

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer this article:
    Remove members from your family group

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as this issue occurred after installing Raspberry PI and PI hole. Hence, I suggest you to leave a

Feedback
    for this product so that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit

1. Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit - Similar Threads - Removed family accounts

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.: Since I'm moving away, I removed my Microsoft account from my Microsoft Family. My account on the Microsoft Family had screen time limits placed on it by my dad. I figured leaving the family would remove the screen time limit, however this hasn't been the case and I'm still...
  5. Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.: Since I'm moving away, I removed my Microsoft account from my Microsoft Family. My account on the Microsoft Family had screen time limits placed on it by my dad. I figured leaving the family would remove the screen time limit, however this hasn't been the case and I'm still...
  6. Removing screen time limit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing screen time limit: Hi,Removed screen time for my child in family account. Still not letting him in, when sending requests for additional screen time, says error occured but not enough information. Please advise....
  7. Account removed from Microsoft family but still has screen time limit?

Account removed from Microsoft family but still has screen time limit?: I have removed my account from my Microsoft family as I am moving away but the computer still has the screen time limit imposed by the Microsoft family screen time limiter....
  8. Bypassing family screen time limits

Bypassing family screen time limits: I have my son set up within microsoft family with a chikd account with screen time limits set. However, he just creates other accounts and when his main one switches off he knows he can switch to the other and carry on undetected. How can i stop him creating other accounts?...
  9. ms family account screen time limits not working

ms family account screen time limits not working: Hi Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than the limit set....
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....